Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rockshox Monarch Air Presure
  • stayhigh

Morning All

I’m trying to find an air pressure guide for a Monarch RL, 2013 model if that has any bearing on thinghs.

A quick google comes up with lots of charts but couldn’t see one for rider weight to air pressure?

FWIW I’m 13 stone riding a T129.

Thanks

nickdavies

You won’t find one there’s too many frame variables.
    Set by sag, pressurise the shock and gently assume riding position on the bike kitted up. Gently get off so you don’t move the shock too much and see how much travel is used with the red band.

Generally you probably want around 25-30% but it depends on your preference, frame and riding style so find a nice bit of single track and go testing with different pressures.

soundninjauk

I’m a medium smidge over 12 stone and have 210 psi in the Monarch on my 2015 G150, fwiw.

I set it by sag and trial & error, that’s the only way to do it really.

stayhigh

Thats interesting, I’m 13 stone and ride a large and have around 140 in mine.

bigjim

as above, set by sag not pressure. I have 150 in mine at 13 stone on my Smuggler.

jonnyrockymountain

180 psi on mine (2015 model though) just over 12 stone on a 650b anthem which gives me 25% sag

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Just to emphasise how pointless it is looking for generic pressure information…..
    I’m 12.5 stone but run 240 psi in mine on the Evil.

You’d need to get a pressure chart for your bike, not the shock, but going by sag is also fine.

soundninjauk

Thats interesting, I’m 13 stone and ride a large and have around 140 in mine.

How very curious. Definitely set with the shock set to ‘open’ and whatnot? I’m pretty sure I get through the travel on mine and it gives me about 30% sag, also on a large.

psycorp
    Free Member

There is a massive difference between the 2015 onwards monarch debonair models and the earlier ones. The debonair air can is high volume in comparison and requires much higher pressures for the same sag on the same frame. I know as I’ve had both a 2013 rc3 plus and the 2015 version on my Mega.

soundninjauk

It’s a 2015 debonair on mine. Could explain it.

LoCo
    Free Member

Set it on the sag, guide here: http://locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

BoardinBob

RC3 on a Nukeproof Mega. I’m 200lbs all kitted up. Pressure is ~240PSI for 25% sag

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

How very curious. Definitely set with the shock set to ‘open’ and whatnot? I’m pretty sure I get through the travel on mine and it gives me about 30% sag, also on a large.

It’s not that curious, you’ve got different bikes!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Monarch Air Presure’ is closed to new replies.