Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox maxle light
  • hainman
    Free Member

i have owned my Giant Reign 2 for not even 2 weeks and today when i tried to undo the maxle i un-tightened the lock arm,placed it in the grove and tried to unscrew it,it bent both corners on the notch the the lock arm bit locks into,is this my fault or is it a fault with the maxle and is there a chance i can take it back to the shop and say to them i want a new maxle??

Thanks
    Craig

acidchunks

I’ve done this as well, albeit only on one side.

Massive pain in the arse but it was definitely my fault for over tightening without correctly greasing the thread on the other end.

If you’ve never taken it off yourself before and it was as it was fitted by the shop when you attempted to remove it then take it back and try your chances, just don’t go in guns blazing. It’s an expensive part for what it is.

It is possible to remove a maxle in this state without damaging it (using molegrips and yes, I wish I knew this earlier too!).

si69jc
    Free Member

Your fault I’m afraid ! How did you bend both corners trying to unscrew??

hainman
    Free Member

i undone the lever bit and placed it in the groove on the maxle,then proceeded to try to turn the maxle to undo to take wheel of and it bent the corner edge of the gap,i must have turned it the other way with it being tight as hell,looks like i might need to stump up for a new maxle if i cant bend it back into place but will be para now if my wheel is on tight enough…

philfive
    Free Member

Get a hand saw a cut a new groove, worked for me.

hainman
    Free Member

Smart thinking…..i might do that if the shop arent prepaired to swap it over,a week old bike so im a bit pissed…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox maxle light’ is closed to new replies.