Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox Hydroloc button & Shimano brakes
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those Rockshox twin hydroloc buttons on my bars for the RS1 & Monarch XX lockouts and it’s a chunky little bugger. I’ve also got the M8000 XT brakes with i-spec II and M9000 XTR shifters mounted using iSpec II.

Once I’ve positioned the brake/shifter where I want them, the lockout button is quite a way in-board.

As the bike is set up 2×11 the shifter mount on the iSpec II fills the gap between the brake lever master cylinder and the bars.

I temporarily ran the bike 1x with no LH shifter until the new (correct) chainset turned up, but it’s staying 2x for the foreseeable.

Any ideas on how I can get the lockout more outboard?

There’s enough space to fit between the grips and the brake/shifter combo, but as the clamp is quite chunky to clear the top of the brake/shifter clamp the lockout ends up rotated so far towards me that the button is almost facing the ground and nigh on impossible to use.

legend
    Free Member

Try running it upside down on the right of the bars. tbh though, given how chunky that thing is, you’re probably buggered

andyl
    Free Member

RS are a nightmare with their remotes.

I used to run XT 775 brakes and bar mount 770 shifters so I made some brackets to drop my shifter down so I could run the reverb remote on the underside. It was very snug and I actually preferred the lower position of the shifter.

I now have ispec brakes so have had to ditch that and can just about manage squeeze it all in but moving over to full ispec so thinking about making up a spacer block to move the shifter down again. Should be a lot easier than with the old bar mount stuff that required some fiddly bodgineering.

Could you do likewise and mount it underneath on the right hand side and then if you run a reverb put that underneath on the left?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Hydroloc button & Shimano brakes’ is closed to new replies.