Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox help.
  • scholarsgate
    Free Member

I've got a set of reba race 29 2007 model. I had the dust seals out and noticed mud in the foam rings. Can I just whip these out and clean em up or do I need to replace them?

I also want to fit a remote lockout on them. I've seen kits that are just cable and remote, is this enough to convert or do I need internal stuff to.

The collective wisdom of STW would be most appreciated.

Ta

retro83
    Free Member

I always clean mine with water and reuse them. Assume you know to saturate them with oil before refitting?

I also want to fit a remote lockout on them. I've seen kits that are just cable and remote, is this enough to convert or do I need internal stuff to.

Yep, new moco unit, unless somebody knows how to bodge a spring into a crown mounted one. You best bet is to put up a wanted ad on here as people usually want to go the other way.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Clean with water and soak with oil. Check.

Moco unit? What's that?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

would that be a Motion Control Unit?

retro83
    Free Member

Yes

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Sorry for being a numpty…

I need moco unit, cable and remote?

mieszko
    Free Member

Depends, sometime You'll get the fork ready for poplock (the remote) but without poplock. You'll have a groove in the blue adjuster to put a cable through it and it will not stay in one place apart from open (the spring in MC unit makes it go back). However if You have a lockout on the fork leg, that You can lock out the fork with by just flicking the lever and the fork stays locked out than yes You'll need a new motion control internals, cable and a remote . This is expensive brand new, but like Retro83 said some guys want to swap, so worth putting a wanted ad on classifieds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox help.’ is closed to new replies.