Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox dart 3 , any good???
  • cutter
    Free Member

Some one is selling some dart3 for £20 in mint condition , no scratches and hardly used, they any good ?? And worth £20 , currently using dart 1. And they seem ok but some one said dart 3 are complicated to set up how you want them?? Is this true

rjhazell
    Free Member

I got some last year as I was running out of cash. I couldn’t afford much else at the time but I really wish I’d saved up and got something better as its a truly poor fork.

IMO you’re better off spending the same amount on something second hand from this forum

seavers
    Free Member

I would go to the classifieds and see whats on offer, maybe some solo air Recons. Problem is they might cost 120-150 but it would be worth it for a decent fork.

Have a look here for second hand stuff….

http://www.flatoutcycles.co.uk/

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

They are pretty poor in my experience – a step up from the real rubbish entry level bikes come with but not a big step up from another dart, Not sure what else you would get for £20 even second hand however.

Slightly depends on model year as well, iirc some dart 3’s had magnesium lowers, they could be worth the cash if money is really tight.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Darts are fine if you expectations are realistic.
    I’ve had two sets on bikes in the past, and my son has a set of my old Dart 2 100mm on his hardtail.
    Probably the best sub £100 entry level fork a few years back.
    For blue graded trail for example, they’d be fine. Anything gnarly or droppy would be a challenge with them on, but they’re certainly worth a shot at £20!

cutter
    Free Member

Cheers for help sounds like ill give them a blast then for that price , i do trails and xc riding so they prob be fine for me then

hmanchester
    Free Member

Ha, brilliant. Why ask the question if you ignore the majority of the response?

Dylan08
    Free Member

worth a blast at £20 squids I rekon, cheap n chearfull 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox dart 3 , any good???’ is closed to new replies.