Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rockshox damping upgrade
  • andyl46
    Free Member

Thinking of changing the compression damping on my SIDs from their current standard RL setup (motion control DNA with remote lockout) to an RCT3 damper. Has anyone done this, if so was it worth it, and is it simply a matter of removing one unit and dropping in the second as it seems from the manual?

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve done this with a Revelation and basically, yes, with that it’s a simple drop-in operation though you may need to adjust the oil level in the damper chamber to suit. Worth it? I’d say it feels more controlled generally and I like the medium sort of platform-ish setting on less technical trails, but the dual control rebound damper, if you don’t already have as stock, gives better bang for the buck ime.

I’d give the nice LoCo man a bell to check the details though, he did me a great price on the Revelation damper and knows his stuff.

Gee76
    Free Member

Iirc the damping is the same. Its just the extra adjustment that you get with the rct3. RLs are great value if your not into lots of twiddling and just run them open all the time!.

andyl46
    Free Member

I’m a fettler and can’t quite get the RL’s the way I want them, so hoping this might help, thanks all!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox damping upgrade’ is closed to new replies.