Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • rockshox bush removal from fork lowers
  • andy-james
    Free Member

is there a tool i can buy to pull the old bushes out and press new ones in ? I’m struggling to find either online

i can i suppose use a 32mm washer with a slotted centre hole attached to a bar to pull them out but then need a tool to press the replacements in

Any ideas or is it suspension shop only ‘stuff’ ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Forget it.

For a start, it’s not just a matter of installing a new bush! It needs to be ‘sized’ to your stanchion as well or you’ll have a lot of play or it’ll knacker your stanchions

I doubt you’ll want to pay hundreds of pounds for the tools when it can be done by TFTuned or LoCo for £80-ish

I very much doubt if there’s any shops that can do it either. Most just send away to one of the above. 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

As above.Tools are available, but costing around £400 from memory,need a lot of use to warrant buying one.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wurzelcube
    Free Member

What forks are they for? If they have the power bulge Rockshox will say replace the whole lower, loco or TF Tuned could probably replace.

I spoke to SRAM Tech and they replaced my lowers free of charge as it should be a lifetime item

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘rockshox bush removal from fork lowers’ is closed to new replies.