Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshock Travel Change
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve ordered myself a new airshaft to extend the travel on my Sids from 100 – 120mm. The forks themselves have hardly been used so the seals etc are fine.

All I thought I had to do was whip off the lowers, replace the shaft, fill up with oil (5 ml of 15 wt in each lower leg as per sram tech docs) and off I go.

Question is it also mentions 100ml of 5 wt in the upper leg. Do I need to bother messing about with that and s it required at the same time as doing the lowers?

I was planning to follow this video, which although for a pike seems very simple.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WcCIFguChA[/video]

mark90
    Free Member

The 5wt oil goes in the damper upper leg. You don’t need to mess with that to change the air shaft in the other upper leg. So just the 15wt oil in each lower.

tpbiker
    Free Member

cheers

benpinnick

Be warned you might find your Sids don’t run 120. Some do not. If you have stanchion markings for 120 you’re probably fine, but there was an 80-100 version and a 100-120 version.

kayak23

Anyone know if you can increase the travel on Revs?
    Got a mate with some 140’s he wants to increase.

antares
    Free Member

[/quote]Anyone know if you can increase the travel on Revs?
    Got a mate with some 140’s he wants to increase.

They do them in 150mm so I’d guess that’s as much as you can go. My mate dropped his from 150 to 130 so has an air shaft he’d probably sell.

kayak23

Cheers antaras. Just seen them for £25 on Amazon.
    Message me about your pals and I’ll see if mine wants it.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Be warned you might find your Sids don’t run 120. Some do not. If you have stanchion markings for 120 you’re probably fine, but there was an 80-100 version and a 100-120 version.

E.mailed Sram the serial number and they confirmed all good

antares
    Free Member

Cheers antaras. Just seen them for £25 on Amazon.
    Message me about your pals and I’ll see if mine wants it.

Messaged you through your profile, which I didn’t know you could do

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshock Travel Change’ is closed to new replies.