Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockhopper 09 long travel fork option
  • smartay

Just had my frame replaced under warranty and now my Judy forks are showing there age.
    Looking to replace, what are the recommendation general xc fancy longer/ adjustable travel.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I’d suggest nothing more than 120mm up front, 130mm max.

If you stay at 120mm your less likely to want to bother with a travel reduction feature.

I’ve got u-turn on my 140mm RS Pike and hardly ever use it!

Of course what actual fork all depends on how much you plan to spend?

z1ppy

reba or recon’s.
    Reba’s if you have the cash, recon’s if you not a bloater (coil sprung forks, so you might need to upgrade the coil if you not a light weight racer) and want save some cash on ‘flashy features’

Tora’s or MX Comp’s if you strapped for cash.

All of them run to 120mm which I’d say is your Rockhopper’s comfortable maximum

james
    Free Member

If you’ve come from judys, perhaps a more effective 100mm fork might offer you the extra usable travel you are after but keep the front end as designed and not throwing the rest of the bikes angles to pot?

Reba, recon, tora, MX pro are all generally good. The U-turn coil tora/recon requires a spring change to account for weight whereas the fixed travel ones have a spring preload
    Prices are all over the place at the moment though with a mix of high RRP stuff and odd bits for much less (but still a lot).
    Many places have recons for more than you get rebas for elsewhere

AlasdairMc

I’ve got an 06 Rockhopper, and it’s fine at 125mm, although I very rarely wind the forks out that far (04 Talas). 110mm seems optimum for the setup I’ve got.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockhopper 09 long travel fork option’ is closed to new replies.