• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rocket owners….tell me more
  • Del.
    Free Member

Im fancying a change from my Orange 5 & top of my wanted list is the Cotic Rocket.
    So, if you own one , tell me all there is to know :o)

Cheers,

Del.

scruff
    Free Member

🙄

st

Lolz etc

Del.
    Free Member

😛

LMT
    Free Member

Only seen 1 in the wild, funnily enough was at cannock chase, im sure you guys have seen it about, whoever rides it is out most sundays earlish. Might have to ask him.

st

Del never goes out though so that would be a problem, he’s looking for a garage queen.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

wanted one since launch, eventually got a test ride on one with Cy (thankyou!!) but ultimately didn’t suit me.

So having said that I would highly recommend riding one if you can as (to me) it felt quite different (not “bad” just different and “feel” is so personal) to what i was used to and at the time i was looking for a new bike different isn’t what i wanted (or needed).

passtherizla
    Free Member

mine is still sitting in boxes in the cupboard…

Del.
    Free Member

Stu,,I thought you were my garage queen 😉

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I have one and love it. Bought it on the back of a 2 hour test ride when there was a roadshow thing going round.
    That said its heavy ish, about 31lb and its a lot of bike and it stomps over everything.
    It’s full XTR, Fox 32, Reverb, Hope hoops with flow rims and big tyres
    Take away the reverb and put lighter wheels and tyres on it and it would easily be under 30lb but I like it how it is.
    I only use it for Lakes/Wales/trail centre type riding but I’m lucky in that I have other bikes.
    There’s been lots of threads on here so a search should reveal more.
    I’ll be keeping it for some time!
    Cheers
    Steve

Del.
    Free Member

Cheers Steve,

Not looking to build a super light one anyway. All the parts will be swapped over from the Five & thats not a light build.

fatgit
    Free Member

Del
    I was sceptical about the description that it was like a shorter travel bike til you need more (the so-called pop) but it really is like that.
    It doesn’t feel like a heavy bike when you are on it.
    It’s very active when seated and I use the pro pedal on the road and smooth stuff but when you stand up it seems to “stiffen” but still be plush-it’s odd and hard to describe but it works!
    I would say get a demo and hopefully you’ll see.
    Cheers
    Steve

r17anm
    Free Member

I fancied a change fom my orange 5 and ended up buying a rocket.
    I never actually rode one just took a chance after reading good things about it
    Really glad i did cos i love it. I find it much more fun than the 5 although i also
    Put nearly all new parts on it which were upgrades over my 5 spec so that helped

nodrog2
    Free Member

Had one a couple of months now so had time to give it some abuse in different places. I’m really loving this bike. It climbs well for what it is, pedals well, Explodes out of corners, descends amazingly well without being disconnected from the trail. It’s super agile as well. It’s a bike to be grabbed by the scruff of the neck so to speak. The faster it goes the better it feels. I moved from a Santa Cruz Nomad which was a great bike but the Cotic is so much more fun. Maybe its not as composed in the real rough rocky stuff as the Nomad but everywhere else I prefer it. Most of my riding is steep, rooty, loamy (muddy) tech stuff. What the bike doesn’t do very well is flat stuff (due to the 66 head angle with 160mm forks) but that’s not what it’s about. My build is Lyrik u-turns, Fox CDT kashima shock, Hope Hoops, Hope tech brakes, reverb and 1×10. If you want fun on a bike then it definitely ticks the boxes.

br
    Free Member

If you’ve already a Five, why swap it for a Rocket – just get out and ride the Five.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rocket owners….tell me more’ is closed to new replies.