Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rocket car!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

That is damn quick but it is no Vectra

bookwyse
    Free Member

Proper rocket car

[audio src="http://www.eurodragster.com/news/sammy_miller_tribute/307.wav" /]

Sammy Miller holds the record for the quickest quarter mile pass at Santa Pod. 3.58 seconds to cover a quarter mile from a standing start. Set in 1984!!!!!!!!!!

slowoldman

It might be the quickest down Santa Pod but top fuellers are much more entertaining.

brant
    Free Member

Guess what my kids want to make next weekend 🙂

bookwyse
    Free Member

I agree slowoldman that the top fuelers are fun. I remember watching the run by Sammy in the rocker car and thinking was that it. It was very quiet compared with the normal stuff.

Still love the pod even though it’s changed a lot and love Long Marston. Spent many many weekends walking around the pits.

CountZero

bookwyse – Member
    Proper rocket car

[audio src="http://www.eurodragster.com/news/sammy_miller_tribute/307.wav" /]

Sammy Miller holds the record for the quickest quarter mile pass at Santa Pod. 3.58 seconds to cover a quarter mile from a standing start. Set in 1984!!!!!!!!!!
    I was there when he did it! As bookwyse said, it was so quiet, apart from the initial roar at the launch.
    Used to go up to Long Marsdon as well, I could sign on as a photographer there, which was great, crouched down by the Armco barrier alongside the strip with the cars only about a metre away.
    Your entire body vibrates when the top fuel and funny cars are sitting there waiting for the go light.
    Fantastic fun. 😀

bookwyse
    Free Member

We were on the embankment on the right hand side of the track as he made that pass. Used to get in for free with the NSVA , custom vans and get pit passes everything for all of the events.

Can still get in for free but this time as pit crew for a couple of cars.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rocket car!’ is closed to new replies.