Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rocket 26 owners – front mech cable routing
  • reformedfatty
    Free Member

Potentially a very dumb question, but what have you done about the cable running under the BB shell? After the cable stop on the downtube there is nothing further to guide it on mine – did they originally have a bottom bracket cable guide?

At the moment I’m thinking of putting a length of that jagwire sleeving over it to try and prevent it cutting into the BB shell.

Advice appreciated, ta!

nixie

I put guided it around the down tub to join the rest of the cables as they come out of the shock mount. Added a stick on mount half way around the left hand side of the down tube to hold it off the frame as it wrapped around. I used zip ties to make all 3 cables (4 when I had a reverb) come around the right of the head tube as a bundle.

Or go 1x 10/11 and do away with the mech 😀 which is what I have now.

Edit: did you mean as it goes around the BB shell, if which case yes there should be a plastic guide that plugs into a hole in the BB shell. It one of those nasty exposed cable types ones that should have died last century.

metalheart
    Free Member

There was a rather natty blue blue guide plate came with mine. Or rather it didn’t, had to get Cy mail one out to me.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds like I’m missing said guide. Easily sorted at least!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rocket 26 owners – front mech cable routing’ is closed to new replies.