Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Rock Shox Totem 2-step help please
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

I know that these forks have been plagued with problems but googling only seems to bring up problems with travel reducing – my 2 step has stopped working and the forks won’t drop to the lower travel setting.

Bought them second-hand and serviced a month ago and although working fine they never quite returned to full travel – a quick search brought up SRAM’s troubleshooting guide which suggested too much oil as being the cause – I checked the oil levels which solved the problem and they now sit quite happily at 180mm and feel pretty plush with the recommended 60psi, but the travel adjust has stopped working and I can no longer drop the travel. Any ideas?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Guess I’ll answer my own question for future searches 😆

Googling reveals that oil height is pretty important so I’ve refilled them this morning to the correct levels (I think I probably lost some oil with last week’s tinkering 😳 ) and fingers crossed, the 2 step appears to be working perfectly again. Job done!

fd3chris
    Free Member

Well done. At least I read it,although I didn’t have any helpful suggestions ?

mamadirt
    Free Member

🙂

Test-ride in the local woods this afternoon and they’re now fine!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Totem 2-step help please’ is closed to new replies.