Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rock Shox Tora SL
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Rock Shox range is doing my sweded in! How may different variations do these guy produce?

Where does the Tora SL fit in the family tree? Is it any good?

Obvioulsy I would like a set of SIDs or something similar but budget dictates that I need to be shopping at the cheaper end on the range.

Dark-Side

I’ve got a Tora SL on my Kona Blink HT. TBH I had it in mind as the first upgrade I was going to make, but after riding it I’d struggle to justify an upgrade. The action is silky smooth, it tracks well and the damping seems really sorted, its much nicer than my old Fox Float and the Manitou Nixon I have on another bike. I’ll probably ride it into the ground and then get something a little lighter which to me is its only drawback. Fantastic budget fork.

uwe-r
    Free Member

Not a great forks. Standard on lots of bikes so loads about. They are coil with a lock out. The lock out is a bit weak acts more of a break than a true lock. The rebound adjust doesnt do anything noticable.

Plus points are they are fit and forget – mine have got slightly better if anything over the last three years.

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm… thanks for the feed back.

Not arsed about lockout TBH. Got ot on my current forks and I either forget to switch it on or forget to switch it off.

Dark-Side

LOL, how is that for polarised opinion. My Lockout works fine BTW. Mine is the 2010 version.

uwe-r
    Free Member

LOL.

I am comparing mine to an old RST that was crap although had a smoother action than the Tora. I replaced that with some air bombers that were brilliant. That bike was stolen so the new bike had Toras which were a step down. Like Dark side though i was going to change them but i haven’t got round to it and there are no signs of them getting any worse the seals look good etc so no excuse for new forks!!!

Morris
    Free Member

They came on my FSR XC. I suppose they’re OK budget forks.

After long rides my hands/wrists ache though, but probably because I haven’t set them up correctly. Lock-out seems to work fine. I’m not sure what the Pre-load dial does. Mine are also noisey when they compress, don’t know if this is normal.

Would like to replace them but will probably run them into the ground.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Tora SL’ is closed to new replies.