Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rock Shox Tora shocks. They're knackered. Can I fix them ? someone please tell m
  • tobyho
    Free Member

I have a Rockhopper. Getting a new bike in November but till then the Tora shocks are knackered. I have literally 2 inches of travel. They've kinda seized I guess. The lock out, the rabbit / snail thingy and the preload are all ineffectual – I can turn them but no change whatsoever.

What can I do ? Googled it and it appears you can buy a service kit for £20 but I am yet to come across anyone who has actually done a service on a Tora.

I ride this bike a lot. I rode it like this in Coed Y Brenin in May – fine. Still beat others on their full sussers down the Dragons Back. But if it's only £20 to fix I should (cos they're only going to get worse).

Please advise..

retro83
    Free Member

Probably a Leaking oring on the damper. Send to tf or search on here for more info. Its a common problem

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are service manuals on the rockshox site IIRC. They are easy to take apart and fix. As above its probably a failed o ring on the damper assembly.

Your LBS should be able to do it

steve_b77
    Free Member

Easy to do with simple tools and half an ounce of mechanical ability, just get the oil levels right and don't pinch the seals.

retro83
    Free Member

… And make sure you put the snap rings back on the right way up or your fork legs will fall off! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Tora shocks. They're knackered. Can I fix them ? someone please tell m’ is closed to new replies.