Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rock Shox Tora 302
  • wors

Any good, don’t want to spend a fortune but need some new forks. Upgrading from rock shox judy tt!!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Get one with motion control damping (302 has less good lockout and rebound damping) and you’ll be reet: performance is similar but heavier than more expensive coil rockshox. The motion control cartridges are pretty reliable, as are the seals, so i wouldn’t shy away from 2nd hand ones, you will find recons for the price of new 302’s which have slippier stanchions and weigh a smidge less.

Or find some 04/05 100mm marzocchi mx comp/mx pro which are also right good for similar money.

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re good forks, bit on the heavy side but not cripplingly so – function well, similar to pricier rockshox like Julian says – just maybe take a bit more time to settle down after a big hit.

Secondhand ones go for about £50 or £60 I think, a bargain at that price.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Got a 302 UTurn

It boing and damps well for the money. It takes 50 miles or so to loosen up.

It feels tough but is heavy and makes the bike front-heavy which is good for pointing and blundering though. I find a pulling the front wheel up hard to impossible (I’m jey).

Wozza
    Free Member

Like Buzz says they take a few miles to loosen up, but they’re surprisingly good for the money.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Tora 302’ is closed to new replies.