Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rock Shox – Those rebound knobs, should we be removing them?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I have Pike’s and Recon’s on my bikes with the red ano rebound adjuster knobs at the bottom of the legs, I didn’t relise they came off easy – just pull them off – until I saw a video thing on here for new sram products where they said you could just use the rebound knob from your forks to adjust some brake lever’s, or something like that. So the other day, bored, I pulled one of the knobs off. Now I’m paranoid the things going to fall off when I’m riding some time – so, should we be setting the rebound then removing these knobs? Lose it and it’ll probably cost something silly like £20 and 3 months to get a replacement? 🙄

Offroading
    Free Member

There about £14 IIRC to buy new.

I removed mine – just got some electrical tape covering the hole it left to prevent dirt ingress.

nbt

it’s a 3mm allen key. You don;t really need it, cos if it does go you can just use an allen key. HOweve I’ve been running revelations with the adjuster in place for almost 3 years and it’s never moved. Don’t worry.

Simon

The one on my older Revelations is a tight fit and has stayed in place for 2.5 years.
    The one on the Pikes I’ve just got is a loose fit so I’ve removed it.

jimmers
    Free Member

I have lost three of them. I now carry a 2.5mm hex spanner in my pack.

IHN

The levers on my Shimano QR’s are cunningly positioned on my Revs and Rebas to prevent said knob falling off 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

I have lost three of them. I now carry a 2.5mm hex spanner in my pack.

if you fiddle too much your knob will fall off!! 😯

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have a spare one 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox – Those rebound knobs, should we be removing them?’ is closed to new replies.