Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rock shox Sids – 80/100 adjustment??
  • sparkingchain
    Free Member

I'm thinking of splashing some cash to buy some new XC forks. With the 09 Sids, can you switch between 80 and 100 mm buy just altering the internals as with previous models?

JustRide
    Free Member

No. You buy either the 80mm or 100mm version and stick with it as far as I can work out.

sparkingchain
    Free Member

Hmmm I dunno, looks like you can actually, I just found this:

The Rock Shox SID Race is preset at 100mm of travel, though the All-Travel spacer can be swapped to bring it down to 80mm. There is a Dual Air Spring, separate chambers for positive and negative inputs, that adjusts via two Schrader valves.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BoardinBob

Yes, there's an all travel adjust spacer to change the travel

JustRide
    Free Member

Ah ha!! I am after a pair of these myself and have noticed that at times either the 80mm or 100mm can be significantly cheaper to buy from some shops so I presumed that they would be different.
    Had a blokes Reba SL in a mates shop to be changed from 80 up to 100mm by adding a spacer so it might be the same idea.
    His Reba SL came as 80mm standard with some plastic spacers in the box.

sparkingchain
    Free Member

Right cheers, I thought it'd be odd for rock shox to stop making them adjustable.

Dougal
    Free Member

They use a 20mm spacer on the spring-rod. Is a 15 minute job to take it out or put it in, hardest bit is finding a socket that fits over the -ve air valve. Manuals on RS site are superb, makes it no bother to do.

sparkingchain
    Free Member

Cheers Dougal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rock shox Sids – 80/100 adjustment??’ is closed to new replies.