Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • rock shox sektors
  • MartynS

gonna have lots of questions over the next week or so..

Need to replace so much stuff after all the bikes got stripped after a break in…

Now I like Coil forks, I had 130mm revelations on an 853 Inbred (set to about 120mm) and they were ace, will sektor RL be similar to what i had?

Ta in advance

Mackem

Dunno, but I like my Sektor RLs a lot. Excellent value IMO.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Mackem – Member
    Dunno, but I like my Sektor RLs a lot. Excellent value IMO.

Same here.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

+2 for Sektor love

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes good, and can be made better too with addition of rev internals 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1

Damping could be improved though, as LoCo says.

MartynS

ta all,

Loco a q directly for you if I may.. what would you say was a direct replacement for Coil revelations?

I know air forks are really good now, would Air Revs be better that sektors?

LoCo
    Free Member

the sektor is the closest in terms of stock damping, the Revelation air forks (2013) will have a dual flow rebound assm that’s better, in terms of resisting ‘packing down’ on reapeted hits, they’ll also be a bit lighter.
    The chassis, lowers and uppers are the same for revs and sektors, although the steerer may be steel on some of the O.E basic ones.

Merak

Im unaware of any damping issues but I have the 110/140 coil version and I think they are great vfm. Incidentally, what’s the advantage of upgrading to Rev internals?

BadlyWiredDog

I ran a coil U-Turn Sektor with an upgraded dual flow rebound damper for a while and they were decent, but I prefer the Air Revs – they’re a little lighter, but I actually prefer the way they ramp up and you can tune the feel using the negative and positive chambers.

I preferred my Air Pikes to the coil ones for similar reasons, also found the coils tended to bottom more easily – linear rate I guess – but if I went up to a harder coil, they were just too stiff.

You’re welcome to quick try of the Revs on my Ragley if it helps.

BadlyWiredDog

Im unaware of any damping issues but I have the 110/140 coil version and I think they are great vfm. Incidentally, what’s the advantage of upgrading to Rev internals?

The dual flow rebound damper on current Revelations has better high-speed rebound damping. No more choking on fast rocky stuff.

diplomatt
    Free Member

Any idea how much to upgrade to the Revelation dual flow rebound damper as I’d prefer the 20mm axle option of a 2012 Sektor?

warpcow
    Free Member

So, thinking about the other thread where it was mentioned that Revs don’t com in standard steerers anymore, which would be cheaper: a Sektor with Rev internals, or a Rev with Sektor (1 1/8″ steerer) uppers?

LoCo
    Free Member

2013 sektors are all 15 mm axle or 9mm qr too!

Have recently been doing a fair few custom builds to to get 1 1/8″ steerers, 20mm maxles, dual flow rebound, RCT3 dampers, 130mm coil, 140mm, uturn coil and pretty much any mix and match variation you want, however it is dependant on Fishers stock and costs of the items.

Dual flow rebound assms are £83.99 RRP but mail me for our price (a lot cheaper) oh and they can be custom tuned too 😉

diplomatt
    Free Member

Cheers for that LoCo. What do you reckon to the 2012 Sektor RL SoloAir? Would the dual flow rebound assembly be the best upgrade for it?

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re ok and the dual flow damper is the best/cheapest damping upgrade.

continuity
    Free Member

I put a dual flow debound and moco blackbox in my sektors from a rev team with buggered stanchions I got on ebay for <100 secondhand, so that’s always an option.

Even put the sektor stuff back in the rev and sold it for 140. Hardy-har.

Don’t forget to get some rev stickers. I have a set of blue world cup decals hanging around if you’re keen for a change (world cup because it’s the only rev with white lowers and a black crown to match the sektor).

philstone

Hi Loco, I emailed you about some Sektor springs but got no reply – which is the best email to get you on?

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Phil if you use the contact form on the website that is the most effective as drops into the main mailbox.
    The mail system had some issues today which are now sorted.

granny_ring

I had some coil RL sektors but found the fitted spring was far too soft, me being 13 stone.

solarpowered
    Free Member

😯

granny_ring

True, the amount of sag was +30% easily and it used loads of travel and that was only using a couple of times on the road. The cost of changing to another spring etc would have turned a cheap buy into not a cheap buy.

I liked the idea of a coil fork for simplicity as I like my RC40s but I’m getting used to the dualair revs now.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘rock shox sektors’ is closed to new replies.