Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rock Shox Reverb Seat Post
  • fieldy
    Free Member

Just recently took delivery of a reverb with the silver collar (CRC). The unit goes up and down at the touch of the lever and everything feels fine, but if I pick the bike up by the seat the unit will extend to the max?? A mate said his doesn’t do this, so what’s wrong with mine?

tomhoward

Iirc they all do this? Takes some effort though.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Mine does it… I started a very similar thread.

clicky

almost max pressure made it better.

fieldy
    Free Member

Cheers guys. It’s damned annoying! just read the thread, I’ll put more air into it and see what results I get?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yeah they do all do this but all three I’ve had on different bikes have only done it with a very firm tug.

glen815
    Free Member

Read the instructions. Picking the bike up by the seat trashes the seals and invalidates the warranty.

andyl
    Free Member

Rockshox saying it won’t hurt the post here:

skip to 1.54

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag9tZESJMKs[/video]

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Bit useless for doing many uplift days then depending on the method used to secure the bike? I know glencoe chairlift uses the saddle.

andyl
    Free Member

why? Just pop the saddle up to full height and then stick it in the chair lift.

yetiman1
    Free Member

Fort Bill is a saddle lift also. But if your riding uplift do you really need a dropper in, running the risk of trashing it. I’ve got a standard post/seat which takes minutes to swap, keeping the dropper for the days/rides I need it and tend not to use it at all in the winter, it’s to precious! (And mine does it aswell).

passtherizla
    Free Member

whenever I have ridden Glencoe I’ve put the frame in the chairlift, not the saddle. So you don’t have to use the saddle.

mainmonkeyking
    Free Member

I picked mine up too often by the saddle. It creates a vacuum and pulls air in. Needs bleeding shortly after. Only pick the bike up if by the saddle if the post is fully extended and you’ll probably be fine, why have a dropper in on an uplift day? If you come off the reverb will be likely to get damaged. Put your old post back in

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Reverb Seat Post’ is closed to new replies.