Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rock Shox " Reverb Seat Post ".
  • swiftyx2
    Free Member

Ok folks,

The time has come,,,,,,!!!!!.

I have sold everything I could, the kids have had no treats since Xmas or food !!.
    The dogs forgot what a bone is?. My days of doing all the DIY to keep other half happy are over !, Me missing my weekend ride to do the DIY are over.

My time has come to order my “Reverb” the suffering for all is over,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

So folks which one should I order?,
    My seat post is 30.9mm Dia and the length from top of seat tube to saddle rails is 220mm.

So should I order the 380mm drop or the 420mm drop?.
    Last one folks which side lever are you all going for LH or RH, I have never used one or even seen one in the flesh so please bare with me if my questions seen a little strange.

Any advice would be great thanks,

Steve

Marin Attack Trail 6.8
    Marin Wolfridge 6.8 Stolen by sum Scum Bags
    Trek 6500
    Giant Yukon
    Bianchi Carbon

matthew_h
    Free Member

The 380/420mm dimensions are the length of the post not the drop. Sounds like you’d probably be ok with the 380. Get a RH lever and run it upside down on the LHS.

bazza17
    Free Member

Just ordered mine from Evans. 420 for me with RH lever

oxnop
    Free Member

I bought a reverb from 18 bikes yesterday.

Really easy to set up – I shortened hose and bled in the pub car park whilst having a pint 🙂

Dependant upon your frame size and how much post you have showing will determine the length you need (I’ve got longer version)

Initial pub car park test demonstrates it’s sooooo much better than the pure racing KS900 I had previously.

I also bought the GF a Joplin 4 at the same time, the Joplin is still a nice piece of kit but defo has more side wobble, the reverb has very little.

It’s only added 300g to the overall weight of the bike which considering the bike weighs 33lbs its nothing!

As Matt says above use the standard RH leaver an run upside down on left side to give some crash protection.

deep_river
    Free Member

First ride for me today with my new reverb, amazing! All I will say is that I had to bleed it about 4 times before I got it to work correctly. When I got it out of the box, it would not compress at all. I wondered wether it was faulty or not. However after bleeding it a few times, it now runs like a dream.

It is like a mobile phone, you never realise how much you need it untill you have got one.

slowrider
    Free Member

Agree with the above, rh lever run upside down on the left. 380 sounds plenty too.

swiftyx2
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info folks.
    Just checking around the web and trying to locate one but seem to be out of stock for the next couple
    of weeks (no bother knackerd wrist couple weeks ago and still in splint).

Please let me know how you are getting on with yours and any tips you have.

Thanks again.

Steve

matthew_h
    Free Member

We at 18 Bikes have one 30.9 LH lever, 420mm Reverb in stock. Last one til about May time by all accounts.

The other Matt is in tomorrow from 10-4. Give him a bell on 01433 621111 if you want it.

DickBarton

http://www.flyingfoxbikes.com had them in…I think I saw 2 on Friday, not sure of sizes or which lever, but if 18bikes can’t help, perhaps Flying Fox Bikes can…

deep_river
    Free Member

Evans had loads in when I ordered mine last tuesday.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’m pondering one at the moment but have a question regarding the lever. I run XTR shifters but generally use my thumb for up and downshifts as I use my index finger for single finger braking. Will running a RH lever on the left upside down get in the way of my gear shifting at all? Currently run a Speedball R with the lever on the left but on top.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Hard to say without trying,I run a RHS lever on the left which sits between a SRAM shifter & a Formula brake. It wouldn’t fit between the shifter and the grip, as the lever fouled on the shifter.

Took a lot of juggling but I got there in the end. If & when I ditch the front mech it will be a lot better on that side.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox " Reverb Seat Post ".’ is closed to new replies.