Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rock Shox Reba solo air RL 2014 Lockout not working after service
  • mtbcowboy
    Free Member

I just changed the dust wipers,foam rings and the suspension oil on the compression damper side for this fork. When I put the compression damper back in, the compression piston looked open as per the picture in the service manual. After assembly the lockout is not working. It is possible that the oil height is not quite correct in the fork but I did empty it and measure the correct amount to pour into the fork.

Has anyone had this issue before and do you know the likely cause? I will probably take the compression damper out later on to check the oil height and investigate further.

Cheers

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve had a bit of an issue with this, but in my case it was the fork not getting to full travel. I found quite a few conflicting measurements of oil in both height and volume. A bit of trial and error got me there.

If the lockout isn’t working, it might be due to the little valve bit at the bottom not actually being turned by the knob at the top. Is the knob actually doing what it should?

deedee2
    Free Member

Have you ridden them much? I find the lockout will often stop working when they have been upside down. After riding for ten minutes or so they sort themselves out.

sv

Lift the cart up/down a few times but not out of the oil completely, worked for a set of RS forks I had.

letmetalktomark

sv – Member
    Lift the cart up/down a few times but not out of the oil completely, worked for a set of RS forks I had.

This ^^

I’ve had this a few times following a service or where a fork has been in transit.

alchiltern
    Free Member

I had exactly this on some Reba SL’s last year, if they’re comparable. Turned out part of the damper assembly had been fitted 180 degrees out. Once reassembled all ok. Oil can cause the problem too aparently, but cycling through the full stroke a dozen times or so will resolve if this is the issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Reba solo air RL 2014 Lockout not working after service’ is closed to new replies.