Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rock Shox Reba RL Dual Air good upgrade from Recon Silver TK?
  • r1chtea
    Free Member

Hey folks, looking for some advice. I ride a Trek Fuel ex5, slowly upgrading components as the bits it came with give up. I’m 230 pounds-ish and ride trail centres & natural stuff. My very lovely girlfriend just got me some Reba RL’s as a surprise upgrade to my Recons (both 120mm). I’m very pleased and I’ve heard good stuff about the Rebas, but as these have been bought for me, i haven’t done my usual hours of pre-purchase internet review crawling. In fact, reviews of the Rebas are thin on the ground.

Just wanted some opinions on if this was a sensible upgrade? Only comparable forks i’ve discovered with good reviews is Sektor RL Solo Air. They’re 150mm though and don’t fully understand how that would affect the feel of my bike (other than the front being higher).

fenred
    Free Member

I went from recon silvers to Reba RL (except in 29er flavour). The difference is night and day….enjoy! 😀

Edit- your GF sounds tops, has she got a sister?

andyl
    Free Member

Rebas are excellent forks. You should be able to find lots of people raving about them but not many complaining. They just work.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I went from Recon Silvers to SIDs, over a punt lighter and work much better. The rebas are pretty much the same.

The only thing i found was they definatly flexed slightly more thanthe Recons (which are pretty stiff). The Rebas might be a tad stiffer than the SIDs.

Very good forks, pretty much all you need.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Dual air is brilliant, very adaptable to your weight/terrain/style. The silver TK will have chromed steel stanchions, the Reba will have anodised aluminium which is lighter as well as an aluminium steerer.

From what I gather it’s a shorter travel little brother to the Revelation, this is a very good thing! Same MoCo damping, dual air spring, aluminium steerer and stanchions just different axle options and travel. This doesn’t appear to be an issue with you, well done Mrs R1chtea 😀

r1chtea
    Free Member

Brilliant news, very excited to get them on & thanks for all the info. I’m definitely on dinner duty for the foreseeable future! Oo and no sisters unfortunately.. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Reba RL Dual Air good upgrade from Recon Silver TK?’ is closed to new replies.