Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rock shox reba forks Any good ?
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

I’m looking at the latest reba rl 120mm, 29er solo air.
    They seem to be better value compared to fox equivalent in terms of costs.

Any experiences please thanks

funkrodent

I’ve always rated the Rebas that I’ve used. Certainly nothing wrong with them per se. Whether they’re better or worse than the Fox I couldn’t say

otsdr
    Free Member

Just got the 100mm 29 version, haven’t fitted them yet. Also had the dual air 2009 model, very dependable and easy to service at home.

rivingtonbike
    Free Member

I’ve got Reba RL Dual air on my hardtail.
    In four years i’ve never had to touch them, they don’t lose air and they perform superb.

cp

Great forks, very reliable, easy to maintain. I’ve got two pairs of 29er ones, one 2012 dual air rlt, other 2014 solo air rl, both been great.

martinhutch

Not too bad. If you search the forums there are a few recent threads about issues with the RL Solo Airs, so I wouldn’t say they are problem-free. Certainly if you’re on a budget it’s a good choice.

welshfarmer

fit and forget. Just don’t get the ones with a handlebar remote

jekkyl

even if you do it’s easily removable.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I’m a few rides in on the pair I fitted to my superlight. pretty plush and linear. Better than my old coil Revelations. Simple Comp. adjust/lockout on the crown but no threshold adjust which I really don’t miss

faustus

Yeah, got the 120mm 29er solo air, mainly because of value. Got new non-black stanchion one on sale for £260 on Merlin last year. They work very well, are pretty light and have been reliable so far. Def better having simple crown lockout. Also, the crappy stickers come off easily as is my preference 🙂

jonostevens
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 100mm on my Inbred. Less than 200 quid from Alltricks in France. Had no problems with them 2 years. They’re great forks, especially for the price.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got a set on my KTM Aera HT, cracking forks

iainc

I have 120mm, 26 inch solo airs and have had problems with the negative and positive air chambers getting unbalanced. As said further up, not that an uncommon problem. Mine went back to TF Tuned a few times, who were great and eventually traced problem to be some crazing on the internal air shaft. They replaced this (at cost, no labour) and so far so good…..

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

They are great, and easy to maintain.

Whilst they will carry on working for years if you don’t touch them, it’s still worth opening them up and changing just the lubricating oil in the lowers IMO.

Helps stanchions last longer, and stops a gradual reduction in performance.

dannyh
    Free Member

Absolutely loved my 2013 straight-steerer 26″ Reba Solo Airs until the bike got nicked.

Very capable fork, didn’t require much work and were a piece of piss to service even for a dunderhead like me. Great value for money as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rock shox reba forks Any good ?’ is closed to new replies.