Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rock Shox Reba, 120mm, 1 1/8, QR, 26". Do they exist (new)?!
  • MrKmkII
    Free Member

As subject, finally decided to upgrade my forks (I’m still waiting for my ten year old Fox Floats to bed in!), and it looks like all the usual suspects are sold out. Anyone know of a retailer that has something in stock? I’m in Bristol, if that helps.
    Thanks as always,
    MrK

ampthill

Before we spend time googling for you where have you found them out of stock?

I was about to try Chain reaction cycles, on-one and merlin

But if you’ve already checked…..

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Good question. Of the ones I remember: merlin, crc, wiggle, Evans, Edinburgh bike coop, alpine bikes, cycle surgery, on one, leisure lakes, stif, winstannleys, jejames, Rutland, and a few more besides…

tomhoward

Do fishers list them on their site?

Rather than going to all the individual sites, tried google?

MrKmkII
    Free Member

Tried google, and it generally seems to link to tapered forks… I know Merlin had some, but they’re now sold out.

mtbcowboy
    Free Member

I had the same problem…..

I phoned fisher recently to ask the same question and the answer was that you can only buy it in the 100mm version. The fact that there are now numerous combinations of wheel sizes fork axles and steerers etc has made getting the fork you want a right pain in the bum. The manufacturers try to make things out of date so you have to upgrade more than one component such as a fork and wheel rather then just a fork. For forks sake!

However Fisher told me that the air spring can be changed to the 120mm version. I have got the air spring (part number 8021005) that will fit in the fork (p/n 8787000) and I plan to change it over this weekend. If you are unsure what you can do then phone fisher and go through to the technical guys. I found that they are very useful.

dannyh
    Free Member

To quote what the bloke at Merlin said to me. They were out of stock and not expecting to get any more. But if the opportunity arose to get some new ones, they would. They were honest, they reckoned they could shift them if they had some, but weren’t holding their breath basically.

I recently had this exact same issue. I eventually got a new (been on shop floor for a while, but unused) pair from Drover Cycles. They were really nice to deal with, despite having a break-in the day before they sent them to me.

They got in touch via the ‘wanteds’ on this here forum, so it might be worth putting this up on there(?)

I would love to help, but I really like mine and they are a ‘keeper’. Even more so due to the straight steerer. If I look after them I won’t need to face down that particular compatibility nightmare for 4-5 years!

Good luck, at least you’re getting in there now, these things are just going to get rarer.

ampthill

Good question. Of the ones I remember: merlin, crc, wiggle, Evans, Edinburgh bike coop, alpine bikes, cycle surgery, on one, leisure lakes, stif, winstannleys, jejames, Rutland, and a few more besides…

I’m out then. I can’t think of any where else

moonboy
    Free Member

Been round the houses on this very topic in recent days, although I’ve been hunting 15mm not QR.

If you’re looking for QR then I *think* it can be done. There’s a few on the bay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-RockShox-Reba-RL-MTB-Bike-Fork-26-034-120mm-Turnkey-Manual-1-1-8-Disc-New-/281426583673?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

and there’s also some 120 SIDS @

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/sid-rct3-solo-air-120-black-111371/wg_id-822

I also spoke (yes really) with planetx today who were incredibly helpful. They didn’t have straight steerer and a 15mm but might a QR.

Err that’s about as much as my tired mind can add at the moment. Good luck!

devash
    Free Member

I’d search the classifieds for a decent second hand set, preferably the older dual air models.

I bought one of the last 2013 120mm straight steerer ones from Merlin and to be honest its crap. Impossible to set the sag, rock hard even with very low pressure and creaking like a rusty door hinge already. Need to send it back under warranty this month.

haggis1978

I’ve got a brand new set of these for sale bud. 2014 version uncut steerer as I only partially mounted them to a bike before I’ve done myself an injury. £275 posted.

http://Www.flickr.com/stewno1

peepingtom
    Free Member

http://www.probikeshop.com/rockshox-reba-rlt-26-fork-100-mm-solo-air-pushloc-white-2015/99290.html
    100mm Rlt’s , you’ll need a poploc or remove the spring from the MoCo , and also a compression knob , I believe they convert to 120mm with spacers .
    Its the dual air that you can’t find anywhere now .

gelert
    Free Member

I got the tapered version from Planet-X with 15mm for £199 in August (still available today). Absolute bargain. Replaced Fox 32 Evos. The Reba has been absolutely amazing so far.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FORSRRL120/rockshox-reba-rl-solo-air-120mm-fork

dannyh
    Free Member

I’d search the classifieds for a decent second hand set, preferably the older dual air models.

I bought one of the last 2013 120mm straight steerer ones from Merlin and to be honest its crap. Impossible to set the sag, rock hard even with very low pressure and creaking like a rusty door hinge already. Need to send it back under warranty this month.

Sounds like you got a bad’un there as mine has been absolutely brilliant since I got it a couple of months ago.

devash
    Free Member

I hope so Danny, hope they get fixed on warranty as I can’t really afford a new set of forks at the mo as my drivetrain needs updating.

mcnultycop

Better get my dual airs serviced.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Reba, 120mm, 1 1/8, QR, 26". Do they exist (new)?!’ is closed to new replies.