Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rock Shox Monarch settings?
  • Blower
    Free Member

got an RT3 on my Mega,and any adjustment on the rebound or lock out does’nt make any difference at all.,
    first time ive used it today and just wondering if its a dud or they’re just shite?

anyone else had this trouble?

cheers.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Lock-out does make a difference on mine. Not really played with the rebound……..perhaps I should!?

Blower
    Free Member

have a go with the rebound and let me know if you have the adjustment i aint got.

LoCo
    Free Member

If nothing is having an effect adjustment wise and the damping is inconsistant it maybe worth returning it for a warranty inspection.

Blower
    Free Member

i think its gonna have to be that Loco.
    as for warranty inspection where to send it back to where i got it?

LoCo
    Free Member

Return it to the place of purchase with a copy of the receipt and a note explaining the issue and they should return it to Fisher Outdoor (the UK Rockshox distributor)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

what size is the shock?

LoCo
    Free Member

200 X 57mm.

Edit: Cruz also had a look for balance bikes in France nobody seemed to have them in the area, perhaps a non French thing?! I did however find £4K roadbikes in the hypermerket and XTR groupsets 😕

Blower
    Free Member

brand new shock Rob,only done one ride,and theres just no adjustment at all
    more hassle with no bike if gotta send it off grrr only just got bike built up.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

sure i have read about this before – rp23 FTW

Blower
    Free Member

hmmm cheers rob sounds about right that,and the lockout does’nt do owt.

Blower
    Free Member

took some air out today,had another play etc,it does seem to work just no where as near as an rp23 hardly noticeable really

boxxer7
    Free Member

Mine was exactly the same on my Monarch also gets hot too, sent it back to fishers and they returned it after pulling it apart no difference,and less than a week later red lube was starting to exit.

Just binned mine for a CCDB very nice, changes the feel completely! 🙂 Been playing with all the settings today and yesterday afternoon and i think im starting to get it dialed.

Dave.

boxxer7
    Free Member

ALso worth a note mine was the same the more air you took out the better the adjustments were but the shock blows all its travel really easily.

Blower
    Free Member

They all must be like that then,im running around 190 in it now see how it goes,

boxxer7
    Free Member

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be limited too just us. I was running mine just over 200psi originally and dropped to about the same pressure. You could send it back and see what they say but it’s time off the bike 🙁

Dave.

Blower
    Free Member

cant do with time off the bike arghh only just got the bloody thing built up which took me ages..

will see how it goes.

boxxer7
    Free Member

😛 Mine was the same, rear RWS skewer wouldnt do up as the treads were completely different! Sorted with a Tap set 🙂

Blower
    Free Member

DIY on a new frame hmmm not good 😕

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Monarch settings?’ is closed to new replies.