Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rock Shox Lyrik Coil U-Turn Problem. Knocking??
  • mancian
    Free Member

Hi there.

I bought some second hand 2009 Lyriks a few weeks back. The forks were spot on for the first few rides but now they have developed a knock/clunk.

On the rough stuff i dont really notice it but when im pedaling along normally or climbing and the forks or bobbing away, this is when i can here the knocking in the fork. You can also feel the knock through the frame up to the bars.

I did swap the spring to a medium last week and and i have checked it and its all secure.

Can anyone help me and what problem may be and what is knocking.

Many thanks, Ian.

nuke

U-Turn is a potential reason as they tend to knock a bit. Mine tend to on my Reba and Revs…only slight but tends to be noticeable when climbing and normally when in a mid-travel position rather than on min/max travel. iirc I think I read PTFE tape around the U-Turn helix is a solution but never bothered.

mikey74
    Free Member

Have you adjusted the compression at all? Mine developed a knocking if I had too much high speed comression in relation to the low speed compression (I think it was that way around), and if you play with it a bit you will notice the knocking goes away.

If it is this, then it is fairly normal.

I’m not saying that this is definitely your issue, but it was with me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nobbyq
    Free Member

My lyriks are stuck in at the 120mm , need send them back , bloody stupid fork only 8 months old !!!

Liftman

Did you grease the spring before fitting it ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Lyrik Coil U-Turn Problem. Knocking??’ is closed to new replies.