Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rock Shox Judy XLs
  • dovebiker

A friend is trying to resurrect an old Gary Fisher MTB which is fitted with a pair of Judy XLs which are apparently ‘seized’. They’ve asked me to look at the forks and I tried to dissuade them i.e. age of forks, difficulty finding parts etc. I haven’t seen them yet – apparently the stanchions are clean/shiny.
    I’ve found the manual online plus some youtube clips, but am I really setting myself up for a mare of a job?

alanf
    Free Member

A fair few years ago I stripped a set of Judy XCs.
    They were fine on the stanchions that you could see. Once they were apart though the hidden part of the stanchions were devoid of coating so I suspect this is why they might have seized. I managed to get them working to a degree but I didn’t use them on a bike again and someone had them for a hack bike.

medoramas
    Free Member

If it’s 1 1/8″ A-Head frame then probably the best thing to do is to check CRC for brand new Recon Silver Air, version for V-brakes. A friend of mine recently got them on his Gary Fisher, replacing Bombers which totally stopped damping the rebound. Massive improvement on the bike for very little money!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Judy XLs’ is closed to new replies.