Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Rock Shox forks – how many times has yours been back to SRAM under warranty?
  • devash
    Free Member

Just packaged up and posted my 2013 Reba to send back under warranty for the third time.

Is this normal for SRAM forks nowadays?

billyboy
    Free Member

YES it is normal. It accords exactly with my own experience.

And SRAM Tech will tell you they are not getting undue problems with reba forks!!!

They also tell the shop which sold the forks to you, that there is no way they will refund the shop for the product. They will just keep sending out yet another faulty Reba fork. And they will not refund the customer or the shop the postage costs, which if you insure it, and send via Royal Mail, is £26 a time.

In essence…….sod the customer and the retailer.

And that is where goodwill becomes strained, friends and neighbours.

Leon
    Free Member

My rebas went back once, and have been fine since. My reverb has been back twice.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Same problem each time?

Northwind

Never, though I did explode my old Rev Teams a couple of years out of warranty, that was annoying.

julians
    Free Member

Never had any issues with my 2015 pikes .

happybiker
    Free Member

I’ve had/currently have Reba’s,Revs,Pikes and SID’S, never had issues.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Once after 18 month got a new set of Pike forks back, thanks TF tuned who spotted the issue

kimbers

0 times,
    2.5year old pikes,
    ridden and races all over UK, megavalanche etc
    I did replace the grease in the -ve chamber? with float fluid coz they got stuck down once (and I couldn’t be arsed to warranty them) but other than that they are fine, tho quite scruffy these days

My RS monarch that came with them lasted less than 6months tjo

RustySpanner

Is this the single rather than dual air models?

stevied
    Free Member

When people have sent them back, were there any questions about whether the forks had been serviced?
    My Lyriks went back in Sept ’14 for a sticky rebound knob. They’ve now got the same problem (not a major issue as you can use an allen key) but was hoping to get them looked at again.
    Not had them serviced but a mate has done the oil once in that time and I only ride about 1.5 hours a week so just about 100 hrs use.

Tracey

Just hope they don’t go wrong on the 2nd day of a three weeks Alps trip, my 2014 Pikes were losing oil from the rebound adjuster area. Options given to us were get them repaired in the UK under warranty when we come back, pay to get them repaired whilst on holiday or buy another set of forks. SRAM Tech just weren’t interested, or in the broken bits that cost just over £200 to get sorted.

strike
    Free Member

I had some older SIDs that went back 3 times for the twisted lowers issue.

docrobster
    Free Member

Never.
    But I’ve only owned 5 pairs in 20 years and my newest ones are from 2010 so warranty not an issue.
    There have been issues but always home mechanic fixable. Odd service here and there as well…

iainc

Just packaged up and posted my 2013 Reba to send back under warranty for the third time.

how long is the warranty ? I thought it was 2 yrs from purchase of the original one ?

legend
    Free Member

Tracey – Member
    Just hope they don’t go wrong on the 2nd day of a three weeks Alps trip, my 2014 Pikes were losing oil from the rebound adjuster area. Options given to us were get them repaired in the UK under warranty when we come back, pay to get them repaired whilst on holiday or buy another set of forks. SRAM Tech just weren’t interested, or in the broken bits that cost just over £200 to get sorted.

Not really sure what they were supposed to do here. Bad luck that it happened when away from home but thems the breaks and they still offered to warranty them.

warpcow
    Free Member

Once, on a set of 2009 Rebas. Some little spring in the damper had gone walkabout after just a few weeks of use. Repaired under warranty here in Sweden, though they were bought from Merlin. Other than that I’ve had no trouble from 2006 Pikes to 2012 Revelations, and a couple of others.

Northwind

legend – Member

Not really sure what they were supposed to do here. Bad luck that it happened when away from home but thems the breaks and they still offered to warranty them.

TBH that’s where you hope they say “OK they’re UK forks but it’s all Rockshox so we’ll get the french/swiss guys to sort it” or “we’ll post you a damper and you can fire it in” or similar. Above and beyond stuff but sometimes, you should go above and beyond…

I did a week in the alps with oil pissing out of my lyriks but I just got a bottle of engine oil from a garage and kept topping it up when nobody was looking, nae bother. Coil sprung ****ed technique.

Tracey

There was no option of pointing me in the right direction to find a service centre in Switzerland, France or Italy or even trying to organise me a visit to one. Unlike Specialized who managed to get us some E160 forks sorted next day at one of their service centres in France a few years earlier.
    Even tried the brand loyalty card to no avail

bigjim

Had some revs go back and they wouldn’t do anything, much to my annoyance.

Monarch has been back, like many on here, and wait for replacement was 4-11 weeks.

My first reverb lasted well with only a little sag but current 150 stealth wobbles and sags like mad so will be back soon.

Wouldn’t buy RS again unless they come with frame, the last three forks I’ve had have had the pressure build up in the lowers problem and the Monarchs seem pretty unreliable. Having said that compared to the pre SRAM days things are probably better.

SirHC

Pikes have started creaking, so will be going back as soon as something else has been lined up to replace them (Lyriks/36’s)

Been pretty good otherwise. Revelations have been fine, as have boxxers and a new pair of SID’s

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

No issues as TF Tuned found the problem, all I had to do was send receipt. Week later new forks. I think it pays to have them serviced by experts

wrightyson
    Free Member

My revelations got the creak after 6 months on a new bike. After a few calls returned to crc and upgraded to new 2016 pikes for an extra 120 quid. No brainer at the time. However after six months something is creaking again. Is it the pikes or a barely used 4 month old headset…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox forks – how many times has yours been back to SRAM under warranty?’ is closed to new replies.