Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • rock shox bomber seals
  • dizzy85
    Free Member

hi is it hard to change a seal on rock shox bombers please help

z1ppy

Rockshox dont make Bomber’s

Marzocchi make Bomber’s

Which do you have?

dizzy85
    Free Member

Marzocchi sorry

z1ppy

Should be very similar but this helped me..

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stuck-fork-oilwiper-seal

Otherwise a large ended flat bladed screw driver with a lot of tape wrapped around it, is good too.

dizzy85
    Free Member

its just ive been offerd a pair for 25 quid with he thinks 1 seal is gone

dizzy85
    Free Member

they are Marzocchi Bomber Z5 Flylight Air 2000

wwaswas

I’m beginning to think that Dizzy85 is a troll.

They were posting in school time earlier so it can’t be a kid.

z1ppy

IF there MX bomber’s of some sort, then they may be worth a punt, if there MZ Bombers then walk away, as there crap with a capital C.

(didn’t see his reply before posting)

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’m beginning to think that Dizzy85 is a troll.

Should he be owned with Judys?

wwaswas

Should he be owned with Judys?

It’s a thort.

z1ppy

T’is a very old fork, but old Marzocchi’s have there own following.. I have no idea about the particular model though.

dizzy85
    Free Member

like i said i am new to this site i am just trying to find out some information but some times can not find the reply you guys leave me SORRY

z1ppy

What you want is a set of Motion Control damped Rockshox Tora’s (not Turn-Key if at all possible), they should cost £65-£1** 2nd hand, put a wanted ad in the classified.

User serviceable, decent performance for a budget fork, though slightly heavy.

wwaswas

he seems to have a budget of 40 quid which is limiting his options.

I’ve suggested rigid forks as being his best bet in that price range but without receiving a response.

z1ppy

Save some more money then Dizzy!
    You ain’t gunna get a decent fork for £40, and what you do buy will be either worn out or just rubbish in the 1st place & so a waste of £40.

Tora’s are your way ahead.

dizzy85
    Free Member

WWASWAS sorry m8 im finding this site abit mad sorry….wen i right do i just wait on this page 4 a reply

wwaswas

look at getting some rigid steel forks for £40 – you’ll be far better off with those than anything you can get with suspension for that price.

or as z1ppy says save a bit more until you can afford something in the £80-£100 range and get suspension that works.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You ain’t gunna get a decent fork for £40

Ohh, I dunno, it’s possible….
    I’ve bought Recons for £40 that just needed a service, you’ve just gotta be in the right place at the right time 🙂

And I’ve just sold a set of basic Suntours that worked fine for £12 posted…..

dizzy85
    Free Member

thanks for your advice but what do you think of the Manitou Rapid travel forks

dizzy85
    Free Member

i know what you mean iv missed out on loadz on ebay its just im going on a ride at the weekend and am in desperate need of some forks its killing me

wwaswas

for £40 your best bet is just find somethign that works, the specific model is less important than the condition.

dizzy85
    Free Member

thanks alot for help

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘rock shox bomber seals’ is closed to new replies.