Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rock shox 32mm foam / seal kit
  • transapp
    Free Member

Im sure the stw collective can point me to somewhere these are less than £25 for about £1 if parts!
    Many thanks

RustyMac
    transapp
    Free Member

Love you!

transapp
    Free Member

And here’s another one, judy butter (or grease) what are people using for an alternative? There has to be something cheaper than this stuff!

Conan257
    Free Member

I’m looking at using this for my Revelation service in the near future.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why replace seals – are they leaking? I just use motorcycle fork oil when servicing forks

RustyMac

TJ where is the best place for motorcycle fork oil? had a quick look online but most of the cheaper places seem to charge a fortune when it comes to postage.

slinkybike
    Free Member

You don’t have to use the forks branded oil as long as use a good quality suspension oil. But be careful of the fact that some motorbike fork oils have seal swelling agents to keep the oil in the right place. You have to remember that a motor bike has the weight of the machine to help overcome any drag in the system and services intervals are longer.

transapp
    Free Member

My main reason to do so is that my forks have now got a significant amount of stiction, so I’m going to be pulling them apart properly to re-grease and get the cack out. Do you mean that you don’t use any grease at all TJ?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Note on diff prices of wiper seals, the £25 ones have an extra black oil seal that goes in first, then foam ring, then outer wiper seal.
    the cheaper seal kit just have foam rings and wiper seal.

So be careful on getting right kit.

As for grease and oil have a look at TF Tuned, like lower lube kit. http://www.tftunedshox.com/Miscellaneous/Oils-and-Grease
    the RSP grease last for ages. (you don’t need a lot of grease)
    For seal, oil and grease, might save time shopping around.
    http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/TF-Tuned-Service-Kits/TF-Tuned-Refresh-Service-Kits

TF Tuned are very helpfull if you get stuck as well.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

transapp – Member

My main reason to do so is that my forks have now got a significant amount of stiction, so I’m going to be pulling them apart properly to re-grease and get the cack out. Do you mean that you don’t use any grease at all TJ?

Nope just fork oil. ( actually IIRC the pikes get grease on the spring side) However I don’t think grease of any description is normally used in forks is it?

I get my fork oil from halfords or from the local motorcycle shop

transapp
    Free Member

in the sram vids they use fork grease on the o rings in the air and dampening legs. Thinking that there’s probably a reason.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rock shox 32mm foam / seal kit’ is closed to new replies.