Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rock Razor – Rear… ???? – Front
  • nwill1
    Free Member

Awaiting on delivery of a new Rock Razor I’ve brought for the rear but need a new tire up front and undecided as to what to pair it with.

Current considerations are Hans Dampf or Nobby Nic, want fairly low weight circa 600/650g’s and fast rolling but with a reasonable bit of grip.

Suggestions?

PS 26″

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have a Rock Razor but had to take it off because my stupid californian frame doesn’t have enough clearance. I like it so much I even considered getting a new frame.

For ultimate grip put a Magic Mary on the front. They can be a bit draggy but its worth it for the DHs. A mate puts a Hans Dampf on the front when the trails dry up a bit as it rolls better. I havn’t tried the HD so can’t comment.

andyrm
    Free Member

I run a Magic Mary/Rock razor combo – in SuperGravity Vertstar casing/compound front and rear. Absolutely blinding – with the MM up front, you can concentrate 100% on targeting the front wheel and then let the back follow and do it’s thing. I’m not so sure I would feel as secure with the RR out back with anything with less grip than the Mary.

And SG casing means you can just monster through things without worrying about rocks etc damaging the casing.

I’d say that at under 900g, it’s worth getting a Magic Mary, the extra weight is well worth it as the combination is so damn good.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wiggles
    Free Member

Don’t use a rock razor but a specialized slaughter which is a similar idea, I run a butcher up front and find it a great all round combo now.

charliemort

I was thinking the same way as you and went for the new Nobby nic – it’s a fair bit chunkier than the old version. Happy enough so far but I’m not too much of a tyre geek. On a 29’er if that makes any difference

Not tried hd / mm though

kimbers

hans dampf is good if its dry, doesnt clear well in the mud ime dhr2 or HR2 or chunky monkey up front if a MM is too draggy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rock Razor – Rear… ???? – Front’ is closed to new replies.