Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rock n roll extreme – will it work if i …..
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

clean and dry teh chain then immerse/soak the chain in it for an hour or so and then let drip dry?

uplink
    Free Member

No need to soak it just apply it liberally, spin the pedals round a bit & then wipe off as much as you can

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i know about the application when fitted to the bike. Just wondred if it would be more prudent to soak it, less waste

uplink
    Free Member

Can't see what difference it'll make – give it a try & report back any benefits

theflatboy
    Free Member

i have considered the same thing and would assume that it would guarantee better, more penetrative, coverage. so would have thought it would be a good idea, if one could be bothered. i also thought that for this reason it might be an idea to fill a chain cleaner with it?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Applying whilst turning pedals helps the lube work between the rollers as they get moved over the sprockets……

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I always wondered about soaking my chain in lube also. Lube prices are extortionate if people are honest, so as rr says less waste?

Didn't someone like rohloff use to make a tin of wax lube that was melted on the stove before you dunked your chain in it?

uplink
    Free Member

Didn't someone like rohloff use to make a tin of wax lube that was melted on the stove before you dunked your chain in it?

Loads of things like that marketed at motorbike riders

TJ is almost evangelical about Putoline's offering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rock n roll extreme – will it work if i …..’ is closed to new replies.