Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Rock n Roll blue users…..what are you using now?
  • julzm
    Free Member

Now that Rock n roll blue is no longer available in the UK….What are folk using now? I don’t like the usual gloopy stuff that attracts all the debris onto the chain. I want something similar to rock n roll where it keeps the chain and cassette clean regardless of conditions.

Any ideas folks?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

some shops still have stock, certainly of gold

orangeboy
    Free Member

Pro gold lube or have just ordered a selection of Morgan blue lines to try now that I can’t order any more blue
    But yet to try either but will do over the next month or so

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I have a bottle on the way from Australia, but I don’t think this is a long-term solution. Someone should stick it through a lab and find out what’s in it, it would be pretty easy to make if I knew what was in it.

oxym0r0n

Bought I big bottle a while ago, so still working my way through that… didn’t know it was no longer available 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Didn’t know that. That’s shite that is.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Luckily bought 5 bottles of gold when it was on sale at probikekit for £4..

Anyone know why its been pulled?

julzm
    Free Member

They’ve made the decision to supply only in the U.S. apparently.

Anyone tried juice lubes Viking juice, it looks like similar stuff but instructions are totally different. I’ve ordered some from Australia as a short term solution but will need to find a permanent solution. We have too many bikes in this house so use a lot of it.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Rock n roll blue is no longer available in the UK

What?

That’s just unfair :/

Got enough to last about a year, but will be a sad puppy if I can’t get it any more.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Didn’t know they’d pulled it from the UK. I use rock n roll lubes on all me bikes and have blue, red and gold as it’s the best lube I’ve used. That’s a pain.

Tweaks allegedly have ‘huge stocks’

kiwijohn

julzm – Member
    Anyone tried juice lubes Viking juice, it looks like similar stuff but instructions are totally different.

You need a clean chain first & it gets mucky. Not apply, wipe & go like RnR.
    I better stock up in case they’ve pulled out down here as well.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Scotoiler. Fs365 or ubs but i have used fs365 for years. Few sprays before a ride then a rinse and wipe after and chain is immaculate. Plus it def extends chain wear life. Buy in any good motorbike shop.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Rushes off to t’internet to buy enough to fill a bath

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Just spoke to tweeks they are all out and they have heard is Rock N Roll is just one guy and he is pulling out so it not just blue that will be gone but the whole range 🙁

M6TTF
    Free Member

I tried the gold, and wasn’t that impressed with its longevity. Currently using Morgan blue race oil. Applied to each link on a cleaned chain, span and then wiped as much as possible after its had a while to penetrate. Definitely stays put, far better than any dry lube or wax based product. Does attract a bit more dirt, but I clean and relube regularly so not an issue.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The super grease is good stuff too..

AlexSimon

Damn – I’ll look out for some when I’m in Canada.
    I seem to have misplaced my 16oz bottle 🙁

bertmacklin
    Free Member

I’ve ordered it from Enduro Fork Seals in the past, although only at the same time as ordering other stuff.

thepurist

I switched from RnR to white lightning clean ride a while ago and it seems to do the job.

iainc

I’ve got a 4/5 full 4 oz bottle of the RnR blue if anyone wants it for a fiver posted ?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Ian ygm

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Rock n Roll blue users…..what are you using now?’ is closed to new replies.