Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Rock n Roll blue lube
  • matther01
    Free Member

Anyone using this and how good is it?

Spin
    Free Member

I thought it was the mutts nuts but haven’t been able to source it for a while. Where are you seeing it?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Best there is IMO.

dantsw13

It is always highly recommended on here – I started using it a month ago,and like it lots. I’m just getting used to putting on enough, without wasting loads. It’s a liquid wax lube, not an oil.

oxym0r0n

My favourite but hard to source. I’m running out of the big bottle I bought a couple of years ago so will need to invest soon. I still degrease my chain every so often, because I am special 😉

dantsw13

Spin – just googled it EVANS. Have stock for free delivery.

matther01
    Free Member

Tweeks and amazon are doing it but wasnt sure whether it was good to invest in the 500ml or 120ml? Apparently there is a strange way of applying it…but its not really clear on their website how to do it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I apply it when I get home from a ride, I don’t bother to wipe it off though. Never having to clean yer chain is a big plus.

SOAP
    Free Member

Best there is +1

matther01
    Free Member

Just bought a 16oz ‘kit’ off amazon.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Great stuff, but the instruction to put it on by the cassette makes no sense to me as, surely, it’ll find its way into the freehub?

Also make sure you wash your hands after use – it’s nasty shit and can really eat your skin.

SOAP
    Free Member

Put it on after you clean the bike>Put bike away> before next ride wipe as much as you can off.

extremenik
    Free Member

Have been using this for 2 years but have started questioning how good it is when the stuff seperates in the container, which I believe is due to the temperature it is stored at.

Trying the muc off ceramic for a change.

J273
    Free Member

Is this better than Squirt ?

Ive used squirt for sometime now and its the best ive found at keeping the drivetrain gunk free.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Squirt is great in summer, but shit when it gets wet. Muc off ceramic just gets your chain manky. IMO, obviously.

J273
    Free Member

Ive just bought some of this to try 🙂

Agreed on the muc off – terrible stuff makes a complete mess of your chain. I bought some when i ran out of squirt and it soon went in the bin.

enfht
    Free Member

Apply at room temperature, shake well before use as the wax separates from the liquid. I put the bike in the highest (fastest) gear, turn the bike upside down and apply at the jockey wheel whilst spinning the wheel until the excess begins spraying on the floor, then wipe off.

The only downside with R&R, once the novelty wears off from having a totally silent drivetrain you’re more prone to noticing any other squeaks 😡

Jonny5
    Free Member

Merlin stock it as well.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Rock n Roll blue lube’ is closed to new replies.