Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rock Music and Heavy Metal at Weddings
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I have been tasked by my cousins fiancee to find some decent music that is ‘safe’ for every one at the reception, so pretty much it needs a decent sound but cant have swearing or hate messages.

What can you guys suggest to help me out?

I have found a few but not enough.

Thanks

porter_jamie

classic rock ok? black sabbath, hendrix, led zepplin and so on

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

yeah by all means !

Ive thron in voodoo child by hendrix as that cant go down wrong

robgarrioch

2 tracks i WILL have played at my wedding (should it ever happen…). Volumes to 11 please –

Party Hard
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ztTZ_7wtVo[/video]

Traveller, by Devin Townsend Band
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb3KFD3dkBg[/video]

Northwind

Andrew WK is the greatest man who has ever lived.

carlosg
    Free Member

Led Zep , Sabbath , Whitesnake , Maiden , Metallica , White Stripes ect , were all on the playlist at my wedding . Even the pensioners were rocking out ,it was ace 😆

mudpup
    Free Member

My wife walked down the aisle to White Wedding by Billy Idol and we had Metallica, The Goo Goo Dolls,Black Crowes, Queensryche and Dan Reed on the playlist. It was our day and we played the music we liked. Everyone said they enjoyed it because it was a refreshing change to the standard stuff you get at weddings. Unfortunately the DJ managed to get 10 secs of Clff Richard’s Congratulations in before my (new) wife got to the decks!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I strongly suggest that you don’t play Metallica’s cover of ‘So What?’!!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One recent wedding (of an ex-gf as it happens) had, as the first dance – “I believe in a thing called love” by Suffolk’s finest cockrockers, The Darkness.

Was at another some years ago where there was the following;
    Sweet Child of Mine – Buns and Toasties
    Blackout in the Red Room – Love Hate
    I love you more than rock and roll – Thunder
    Dirty Love – As above
    Sweet Home Alabama – Skynnrd
    Freebird – As above
    She’s a little angel Little Angels
    and many, many more.

Rock at weddings rocks. FACT.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I strongly suggest that you don’t play Metallica’s cover of ‘So What?’!!!!!

Or any version of So What; I did laugh when I first heard ANWL sing it.

AC\DC is always good…

bomba
    Free Member

My missus was expecting ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ as our second dance. What she got was ‘You Shook Me All Night Long’ by AC/DC.

Kicked off the reception an absolute treat 🙂

Also, the wedding can’t be considered a success until several men are headbanging with their ties around their heads.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

White wedding
    Loads of rock ballads

Northwind

My ex had Patience by Guns n Roses as the first dance, worked really well. Then there was a ceilidh thing followed by a load of pop and rock songs. I was a wee bit pissed by that point but I do remember Got the Time by Anthrax and forcing a cute girl in high heels and a lowcut dress to, er, bounce around to Tequila by Terrorvision. Er and Cherry Pie by Warrant.

Then we went down the local rock club for the “aftershow party” :mrgreen: She was still in the wedding dress, all the girls in their party dresses, all the guys in highland, it was funny as hell.

martymac

my son (who was 5 at the time) asked the dj if he had any hard rock at my wedding.
    pure class, i was ill laughing when the dj told me.
    quite a few of the guests commented on how good the playlist was.

theotherjonv

Friends of ours had this as one of their readings

Whenever I’m alone with you
    You make me feel like I am home again
    You make me feel like I am whole again
    You make me feel like I am young again
    You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away I will always love you
    However long I stay I will always love you
    Whatever words I say I will always love you
    I will always love you

It wasn’t until the reader reached the chorus that i twigged where it came from. It was ‘credited’ in the order of service as Love Poem by R. Smith, I hadn’t twigged that either.

Fitted them very well. Plenty of alternative tunes at that reception too….

Kevevs
    Free Member

Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame! you give luu-u-UUrve a Baad name!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Our wedding reception was ace – we had a guy who used to be a DJ for BRMB DJing, but he said he’d happily play anything we asked for, including our own CDs. First dance to Queen’s “You’re My Best Friend”, then an hour of ‘normal’ pop stuff, then on came the metal.

Stuck to ‘safer’ stuff like Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Pantera etc rather than cracking out the Morbid Angel and Emperor. Bizarrely by the time Enter Sandman came on everyone was on the dance floor and seemed to have a mystical knowledge of the lyrics, regardless of previous musical preferences.

Rammstein might be good, quite catchy and little to no swearing (possibly, my German’s a bit rusty). If they’re in their late 20s/early 30s they might appreciate some 90s softer stuff like Terrorvision and the Wildhearts.

Incidentally, headbanging whilst wearing a tiara is hard.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rock Music and Heavy Metal at Weddings’ is closed to new replies.