Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rock Lobster Team Ti
  • ElShalimo

Has anyone got one? Either full bike or frame only?
    They seem very good for the money for a complete bike.
    Opinions pls..

ElShalimo

anyone?

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I have the 853 version, I guess the geometry is the same. I love it, really light and manoeuvrable. The Ti would probably be even lighter.

allthegear
    Free Member

I used to have one – sold it to buy my Nicolai.

It was a really good bike. The frame isn’t quite so ‘springy’ as the Ti afficianados seem to think makes a good Ti frame but I had a lot of fun on it.

The down tube has a really odd cross-section to it – kind of coffin shaped.

I had a pair of Pace rc41 forks on it – they worked well.

Rachel

sefton
    Free Member

got the ali frame which is good, is all this ti stuff more marketing blurb?

is there much difference between the steel?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve got the team tig sl built up reasonably light, probably 26lbs and with skinny xc tyres and 100mm travel. Assuming they’re all the same geometry, then they are a little shorter in the top tube I’ve found, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Most recently used it at Dalby forest and it was great fun, the climbing was effortless with the lightweight and it was easy to get airborne down the descents and throw the bike around a bit.
    Made me realise that these XC mince tanks that are all the rage at the moment are not as much fun and are unnecessary unless you’re doing big jumps and big drops.

marty_mayhem
    Free Member

I have a RL Ti from around 2005 an can’t fault it. I’m running it with Rock Shox SID race and mavic crossride wheels and it is great at XC racing and I get round all grades of routes at Glentress etc with ease. Climbs well, comfy to ride and looks great. Half the price of other Ti frames. I’m on a 19″ and I’m just under 6ft. They come up a bit small. Go get one. Would posts pic if I knew how?

ElShalimo

Marty – pics pls
    How to post pics half way down the page

iainc

unless you really want a Ti bike, the 853 one is a better deal. A while back a mag tested the 2 bikes back to back, with the frames taped up to mask which was which – as far as I recall none of the testers could tell them apart – they weren’t allowed to pick them both up one after the other right enough. I have a 4 yr old 853 and it is very very good. 17.5 frame and weighs in at 28 lbs with xt groupset and wheels and Thomson bits

marty_mayhem
    Free Member

Sorry just seen ur post will put some on over weekend

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have a 15″ 853, and if the geometry’s the same, I’d love a Ti one, as it’s spot on for me.

Always regret not buying a Ti RL frame in a Merlin sale a few years ago, was just £299…. 😥

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rock Lobster Team Ti’ is closed to new replies.