Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rochers de Naye (SW)
  • RV
    Free Member

We are driving down to Chatel Thursday night to do the PPDS on Saturday and staying for the week to get some riding in. Was thinking of doing a day over at Rochers de Naye and lunch on the lake. Has anyone riden it, what’s it like, can you get parked, how much is the train ticket and how many runs can you get in. Any info please.

amphibian
    Free Member

I haven’t done this descent but am interested in giving it a go when I get the opportunity. The web page below gives some useful info and there’s also a link to the goldenpass rail website which has the timetable and probably prices (scroll to the bottom of the page).

http://www.bikingspots.ch/showtrack.php?ridename=La%20descente%20de%20l%20eau%20froide&username=bikingspots

If you do it, let us know how you get on!

RHSno2
    Free Member

Ride it alot. Day pass is 42 chf’s and thats as many times as you can muster. Slow on the way up but its a LONG way up.

To be honest its actually a little tricky to find your way around there. Its a really big area.

I can recommend doing the following as a warm up. Buy ticket (13chf), goto La Perche, get off. Take left sing and ride allllll the way down and take left hand junction lower down.

Come to road, straight across and look on left. Down to road. Take road down (right) and keep eyes peeled to the left for trail. Take trail alllll the way down to the Valmont Spa place.

Then take road to right and climb slightly to Glion. Straight across at x junction and follow signs for Chauderon. Enjoy the gorge.

That is 1400m of descending. The top is pretty alpine.

amphibian: I will be checking that one out but I think there is a much better way to do it off the back and then coming round and up to the ridge.

jhw
    Free Member

Flowmtb, ridemorzine, endlessride or someone put 3 routes on their blog which I was going to do earlier this year but didn’t. It comes up when you google.

Navigating: print off a detailed map from Schweizmobil, google “Schweizmobil map” (this will take some effort to copy and paste using “Print Screen”, etc.). If you zoom in to the max, you can use a Garmin with it. There is at least one obviously good route, the ridge at the top, there’s Youtube footage of this plus it’s on the site mentioned above.

Phototim
    Free Member

There are various parking options in montreux, I parked in an underground parking lot at 20 odd chf for the day only to be told by my riding buddies that it was free street parking on a Sunday. Rochers offers great riding and fantastic views of the lake. The runs are long, 40mins to get down with a fair few stops, 45mins to get right to the top on the train. Riding is incredibly varied, rough rocky fast and open at the top through to soft steep chutes and hair pins when you get into the trees. If you’re pinning it and you don’t stop too much, its a good place to cook your brakes 🙂

Enjoy, I have to go home to the UK this weekend for a bloody wedding so no PDS for me 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rochers de Naye (SW)’ is closed to new replies.