Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rochdale to Chorley – route help needed
  • cakefest
    Free Member

I need some help planning a route from north east of Rochdale, say near Calderbrook, going west and ending up in Chorley.

I’m planning an mtb ride from Ludlow (my home) in Shropshire to Chorley in Lancashire (my dad’s home). Previously I’ve ridden from Chorley up to Winter Hill then Darwen Tower through Anglezarke and Rivvy, but that’s about it for this part of the world. It was about 10 years ago.

I’ll be coming north up to Rochdale on the Pennine Bway, after being on the Pennine Way for a good stretch.

I’d like as much offroad as possible.

Any suggestions?

wors

Probably best to continueup the pbw upto cragg quarry, through to edenfield, over holcombe moor to edgworth, upto winter hill, rivi, healey nab.

cakefest
    Free Member

don’t know the area well at all. any specific trails in mind?

or other options?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ratherbeintobago

any specific trails in mind?

PBW to Cragg Quarry is easy enough, as it’s merely a case of following the Mary Towneley clockwise from where the PBW joins it at Summit. That will include the ‘delight’ that is grinding up Rooley Moor Rd, of course…

Andy

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

What route are you taking from Shropshire to the Peak district?

cakefest
    Free Member

Shropshire to Peak District follows the X1 Sustrans route that Rob Lee had a go at last year. Maybe 50/50 offroad+built trails to minor roads. Ludlow-MuchWenlock-Ironbridge-Telford-Lilleshall-WayOfTheMillenium-Stafford-Ashbourne-TissingtonTrail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rochdale to Chorley – route help needed’ is closed to new replies.