Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roc d'Azur – Recommend me some accommodation?
  • vings
    Free Member

I'm trying to get a group together for this year's Roc d'Azur, and wondered if anyone would like to share their experience of the event – good or bad. In particular I'd be grateful for some recommendations on the accommodation front. The Roc website has a few links which I'll look into, but I'd rather go by recommendation.

Thanks in advance peeps..

brant
    Free Member

I have stayed twice in a glorious hotel, on the front in Frejus, which is about EURO20 I think? Both times I was incredibly drunk when I checked in, very late, they still had room, so can't remember any more than that.

But it was lovely.

techsmechs
    Free Member

When I used to stay in a hotel, we used 'Hotel du Soleil' in St Raphael. Its a bit of a trek from the site but its a clean and tidy little place with an odd (but satifying) breakfast….

Great event, couldn't recommend it enough. If you haven't entered for the main event yet you will be buried in the back with all the useless frenchies on the start.

Dont forget the weather, it October and its really warm (usually +25degrees) and the dust is incredible. Not like some of the uk events at that time of year.

sheldona
    Free Member

^ Wot Techmechs says, its a great event although not the most techy you'll ever find but 25 degrees in Oct with dusty trails on the French Rivera and a dip in the Med when you finish the event? Need I say more?

Oh and the food in the dozens of restaurants isn't too shabby either!

vings
    Free Member

Thanks guys, some really useful info. I've heard there are some meaty climbs, which hopefully will stretch the field out a bit. Depending on the group I might decide to camp. I understand there are number of sites nearby, although if the hotels are cheap and chearful it might be nice to get a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed!

juan
    Free Member

Try do see if you can't do something a bit better than the roc. It's poo poo…
    IIRC there is some enduro available around this date, le trèfle vésubien is the 3rd and there is the razorbike at téhoule the 24th, but I think the last one has been sold out ages ago.

vings
    Free Member

Cheers for your thoughts Juan. Why don't you rate the Roc?

juan
    Free Member

Well it's boring fireroad up and down. You're very likely to be packed behind someone that can't ride for shite.

To be honest if I could I'll go the enduro of guillaume. To day in valberg/guillaume. The only problem you may have with enduros is the need for helmet, long finger gloves and knees/shin pads. But riding and atmosphere are usually much better

thickens
    Free Member

Been for the last few years stayed at this camp site in a French version of a static not as long air conditioned etc
    http://www.domaine-du-colombier.com/

its about 5-10 min ride to the airfield for the roc, we booked through keycamp a while ago really cheap.

super clean place nice pool all that sort of thing as its heading towards there off season its quiet to !

vings
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip-off thickens. I like the look (and price!) of those french statics. Will take a closer look..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roc d'Azur – Recommend me some accommodation?’ is closed to new replies.