Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Roc d'azur
  • petersnell
    Free Member

Hi, just signed up to the Roc D’azur mtb race in the south of France in October . Anyone on here have any first hand experience or advice? Apart from a quick google I have no idea what to expect, brother in law and some mates have signed up and I foolishly thought how hard can it be!
    Stand by for “how can I get fit in two months” thread.

pallyally
    Free Member

Done exactly the same. Think I was drunk at the time. Be interested in the responses..if any

mendippete
    Free Member

Great event I have done it about 5 times now , lots of climbing and can be very hot. The bike show is a full day to walk around in its self so allow Saturday to walk around and see all the latest stuff. You need to be in an early wave or else expect lots of trail traffic and bottle knecks. I wish I was going you will love it 🙂

petersnell
    Free Member

Cheers mendippete! How much climbing are we talking about mate? Brother in law reckons 2000m+ .
    Still suppose the downhill must be epic as well. Any bike or kit advice?
    Cheers mate.

mendippete
    Free Member

You can do it on a hardtail but I recommend 120mm travel bike , some decent tyres as its very rocky and most important you need a doctors letter to show at registration or they won’t let you enter and yes about 2000m of climbing but depend which event you do, the main event on Sunday is approx 58 k

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I’m also going this year. That’ll be the twelfth time for me and I normally do two races down there each year so if you have any specific questions fire away 🙂

petersnell
    Free Member

Brilliant,it sounds pretty epic. I saw the doctors note requirements on the Web site, get that sorted soon. As it’s multiple events can you recommend one for a slightly overweight but enthusiastic amateur who winches up hill but smashes clumsily down? Doing this for fun really! Also there looks like a big trade show as well, spares not a problem just in case?
    Thanks guys.

mendippete
    Free Member

do the main event on the sunday 5000 riders going off in waves of 500 makes a awesome event, one your never forget and wish to go back and do it again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Roc d'azur’ is closed to new replies.