Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Robs'son rims … Any experience?
  • letmetalktomark

Been looking into a 100mm Robs’son rim to build up to try a Bud on for my Puffin.

Not looking to drill the rim just build it up 🙂

Even with postage they seem good value for money compared with a Cownshoe.

I read a thread on MTBR indicating some had found them to be less than round 😐

Any experiences positive or negative?

Cheers,

Mark

cooie

Dunno if this helps,but my mate got the 80mm ones built on On One hubs. I rode his bike for a while yesterday and they are fine, and round! :-)Had lbs build them and has ridden over some rocky stuff and they’re still true.

Andy

Built 2 pairs of Robsson 26 x 80mm 32 spoke wheels. Rims are good quality and built up very easily. Rim profile is a bit simple and so would be difficult to tubeless I guess but I managed ghetto tubeless with a slit inner tube fine.

I drilled mine as well which was easy using a template, pilot hole, hole saw and bog standard diy drill.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I have the 80mm ones also, single wall.

They’re decent quality pinned rims, mine are round enough, they have a little flat spot where they are pinned but they were easy enough to get good spoke tension.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Another vote of confidence in the 80mm single walls. Built by myself and taken a fair bit of abuse with no issues whatsoever.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Robs'son rims … Any experience?’ is closed to new replies.