Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Robot vacuum cleaners
  • Murray

Having wasted a couple of hours on a bank holiday getting weeks of accumulated cat hair out of the carpet I’m quite tempted to outsource this particular chore to technology.

Anyone done so?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust it.

A robot killed a man in Germany, recently. Just think of the damage if that thing rolled over to you when you were sleeping and sucked…..

Actually, don’t.

khani
    Free Member
    parkesie
    Free Member

If you have pets or children they can go very wrong. Youl be amazed just how far a rogue stool will go.

Murray

If my 9 and 10 year old daughters poo on the carpet I’ll be most disappointed with them!

We’ve got cats but they go outside. Unfortunately they do bring their little friends back to “play”.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Wife joke in 3, 2…

footflaps

If you have pets or children they can go very wrong.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of2HU3LGdbo[/video]

GrahamS

They look great if you have the kind of house where the floor isn’t covered in random bits of lego, discarded socks, hair bobbles, ribbons, very important screws etc etc

If it was us we’d spend more time tidying up for the robot cleaner than we’d actually save (which may not be a bad thing – but would kind of defeat the purpose!)

fanatic278
    Free Member

I had a Neato for a couple of years:

It worked very well. It’s laser guided! It enters a room, maps out the perimeter using a laser thingy, then does a perimeter clean followed by vertical sweeps of the floor. It satisfyingly leaves stripes on the carpet like a freshly mowed lawn. I had to get a refund after a few years because the LCD screen broke (an known issues). The latest ones don’t appear to have screens.

Did it save us lots of time? It saved me lots of time, as I did no vacuuming apart from the emptying of the robot. The laser and bumper sensor stopped it from colliding with obstacles, but to get the best clean it helped to pick up cushions from the floor and stuff (like you would if you were doing a normal vacuum).

monkeychild
    Free Member

I have have an irobot roomba. It’s brilliant! We have young kids but the floor is cleared up of stuff of an evening that’s when I let it do its thing. Picks up better than the Dyson too. I’m sold (I got mine for free though)

chakaping
    Free Member

If you’re gonna do it, you gotta do it right…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhsUPtsiLU[/video]

monkeychild
    Free Member

😆 Now I have ideas!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Robot vacuum cleaners’ is closed to new replies.