Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Robin van Persie to Man U!
  • MSP

If he stays fit, he’s proven to be a top premiership striker, like Rooney.
    Actually, very like Rooney – The runs he makes, where he likes to pick up the ball, the passes , the goals he scores.

How many seasons has he scored more than 10 goals how many more than 20? he’s nowhere near the standard of Rooney.

spacemonkey

Once again a brilliant bit of business by Wenger . Gets a the best years out of a player then sells them for a huge profit when they are past their peak . Same story as Henry , Vierra , Anelka etc .

+ Nasri,Fabrigas

Sure, he might be great at turning a profit but what has he helped Arsenal win since 2005?

Ed2001
    Free Member

How many seasons has he scored more than 10 goals how many more than 20? he’s nowhere near the standard of Rooney

More than 10 goals, 7 out of the 8 seasons he was at Arsenal and 3 of those 20+ .
    Rvp 132 goals in 277 apps
    Rooney 182 goals in 366 apps
    Yeah nowhere near 🙄

Stuey01
    Free Member

I’m an Arsenal fan. He will be missed at Arsenal, anyone who says different has been watching a different team this past year, we have been toothless without him.
    Hopefully return the likes of Wilshere, return to form of Ramsay et al, and the new blood coming in can step up. They are big shoes to fill though.

It is true that Arsenal only really got one great season out of him. The only one in which he wasn’t injury hit. I’d say he is a player at his peak, not past it as some are claiming.
    If we really got £24M for him then I’d say that is a good bit of business given the inevitability of him leaving. But I’d prefer not to see him lining up against us in the Prem, would have much preferred it if we could have off-loaded him abroad.

I fear a further exodus (Song to Barcelona is being bigged up in the press) and the chances of any kind of championship challenge (what little hoep of that there was!) going out the window, probably along with top 4 status. The club is in decline and it is sad to see.

I am disappoint.

Still, at least Spurs are more **** than we are. 😉

loum
    Free Member

How many seasons has he scored more than 10 goals how many more than 20? he’s nowhere near the standard of Rooney.

fair enough. £24mill for a bench-warmer?
    Or has a big club already come in for Rooney?

MSP

More than 10 goals, 7 out of the 8 seasons he was at Arsenal and 3 of those 20+ .
    Rvp 132 goals in 277 apps
    Rooney 182 goals in 366 apps
    Yeah nowhere near

only 5 seasons more than 10, only 2 more than 20

Rooney, lowest he ever scored while playing for United is 16

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/robin-van-persie/stats

Stuey01
    Free Member

RVP: 132/277 = 0.48 goals per game
    Rooney: 182/366 = 0.50 goals per game
    (rounded to 2dp)

slimjim78
    Free Member

+ he’s at a better club now

it’s a win/win situation.

Arsenal do great business for themselves (again) selling on a player whom has peaked/ is peaking for bundles more than they paid.

United get a proven goalscorer, bundles of shirt sales (that should offload a big chunk of the transfer fee), and very potentially a match winner for several years.

The way I see it, Fergie has won more than any manager, he seems to know a thing or two. I reckon he wouldnt have splashed out on RVP if he wasnt confident of a decent return.

It certainly adds a fresh buzz to the new season

loum
    Free Member

Anyway, manu have already made their biggest signing this summer extending this fella’s contract:

slimjim78
    Free Member

Webb’s a United legend

Rockape63
    Free Member

Lets not hear that the Gunners are in decline…….its just not true!

The simple fact is that the money men have upset the balance of power, putting no hopers like Chelsea and man City in the mix. To take on them plus Manure, is a battle we’ll never win unless we embrace the same culture. Do we really want to ‘buy’ our trophys like them…..I don’t! Much rather stick with the soul of our club intact and when we eventually do win something…..we’ll f……g well deserve it!

As for RVP, sad… but possibly got the best out of him just in time. He single handedly kept us in the CL places last season, but by the time the Euros came round….his spark had expired. A gamble for Fergie IMHO.

slimjim78
    Free Member

when we eventually do win something

*hold’s breath*

Did I imagine the £44m Arsenal have spent so far this year? +53m last year? (£385m in last 8 seasons)

loum
    Free Member

Won as much as manu last year 😉

Rockape63
    Free Member

There’s no point in quoting how much we spent on players, if you don’t quote how much we made selling them…….is there???

Not only do we run the club as a successful business which ensures out long term survival, but weve also born the massive brunt of the costs of an amazing new stadium.

So, whilst we might not have won anything for a while, weve regularly watched CL footie in the best stadium in the country…..something many non Arsenal fans would be delighted to be doing!

Ed2001
    Free Member

The simple fact is that the money men have upset the balance of power, putting no hopers like Chelsea and man City in the mix. To take on them plus Manure, is a battle we’ll never win unless we embrace the same culture. Do we really want to ‘buy’ our trophys like them…..I don’t! Much rather stick with the soul of our club intact and when we eventually do win something…..we’ll f……g well deserve it!

Maybe the championship next season 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Despite the fact that it must be unpleasant for Arsenal fans i think they have the better deal.
    One year left on his contract aged 29, dodgy health/appearance record, mixed seasons for 5 years and one stormer. I think they have got phenomenal value tbh for what they had. £10 million was good value IMHO ever mind this.

Man U may have panic bought to show intent IMHO as they need a midfielder much more than a striker.
    bit ambivalent tbh as a man U fan would rather have a world class central midfielder and ditch some of the mediocre ones we have [ all of them tbh]

weve regularly watched CL footie in the best stadium in the country

you liked the away legs 😉
    IME most arsenal fans think the atmosphere there is a bit mleh

tails
    Free Member

Kagawa has all the attributes to be a world class midfielder, he has a great record in both the J league and Bundesliga. Valencia was in great form last season. Young and Nani are both top players if a bit light when getting tackled. Giggs and Scholes seem to go on forever. Carrick is dependable as is fletcher when fit.

Rockape63
    Free Member

When you’ve watched Arsenal through the 1974-77 seasons, which was when I started going, they didn’t get above 8th place in the league.

People think success lasts forever, but even the Mighty Man Utd were relegated during that era. We’ll be back….hopefully at the top and not the bottom! 😯

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Robin van Persie to Man U!’ is closed to new replies.