Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Robin hoods bay. Any decent trails ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

going up there for easter weekend and was wondering if there is much riding close by or should I just head over to Dalby forest ?

HansRey

there are a few bridlweays, but lots are fireroads through the moors, or access to Fylindales. However, if you head to rosedale, grosmont, danby, goathland, levisham you'll be able to link up a legal route with a recent OS map.

The footpaths are littered with tourists now, so it may not be wise to take a cheeky footpath (which is a shame cos lots of these make very good descents).

sofaking
    Free Member

cheers hansrey will take a look.

singlespeedstu

Another holiday Matt.

You get some time off don't you.

sheldona
    Free Member

You get some time of don't you.

Just the like the KOS!

HansRey

i live in goathland, so i might be able to show you a few places around here. I'm probably busy fri and sat, but i should be free sometime sunday or monday. Easy pace because i've only got the big bike here

singlespeedstu

Easy pace because i've only got the big bike here

That'll be no problem for sofaking as he's one of the slowest riders I've ever met. 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

That'll be no problem for sofaking as he's one of the slowest riders I've ever met.

He also rides into trees a lot and can't climb for toffee as he live in a land of nae hills

singlespeedstu

He also rides into trees a lot and can't climb for toffee as he live in a land of nae hills

And he's a woksmuggler.

sofaking
    Free Member

you pair should be on stage( preferably one with a guillotine or some gallows)
    cant i have a sensible q and a on here with out you jokers turning it into a insult throwing contest. its not like i search out your posts and start attacking you is it? ( oh yes i do, my bad)

Hans- should be free for a few hours on Sunday. will come back to this post later in the week

singlespeedstu

cant i have a sensible q and a on here with out you jokers turning it into a insult throwing contest.

I know how much you enjoy the attention.

BTW Hans.

No matter what he tells you his bikes are fakes

sofaking
    Free Member

I know how much you enjoy the attention.

i think your confusing me with someone else you know who has a similar side profile to yourself 😆

sheldona
    Free Member

But Stu doesn't know Patrick Moore?

Chase
    Free Member

If you just want to put a few miles in use the old railway line to Ravenscar and beyond. Not exciting but a reasonable ride out.

There are some very cheeky trails off to the side of said railway line somewhere around the Boggle Hole area. Big ladder drops and stuff in the woods. Big 'KEEP OUT' signs though.

HansRey

yeap, always wanted to ride those bits chase, but the old railway line is mega dull. The only good thing is the many pubs in RHB imo.

Ever been north to runswick bay along the railway line? Set off from sandsend and then you go past the Moon, and either up some steps (cheeky and dull) or through the tunnels and mine shafts? The latter is the best, and extremely dangerous too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Robin hoods bay. Any decent trails ?’ is closed to new replies.