Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Robbing little scrotes
  • pb2

Nicked Friday afternoon from a garage in Culcheth near Warrington – good reward for safe return.Giant XTC hardtail, the spec as I can best remember it is as follows.

Black carbon frame, with Giant XTC stickers in blue, black carbon bottle cages, Sram twist grip shifters, Magura Matra brakes with with 160mm rotors, XO long cage RD, XTR FD, Rock Shox Reba pop lock forks 100mm forks, extend to 115mm travel, cannot remember the bars or stem but the wheel set is a dead give away. After a problem with the Chris King rear hub I ended up with a mixed set of wheels, the front is a Bonty Mustang OSB tubeless rim with Chris King hub and Nobby Nic tyre, the rim has a Daves speed wheels sticker on it (very rare). The rear wheel is a DT Swiss eX 5.1d rim, Sapim blade spokes, Hadely rear hub and Nobby Nic tyres and if that was not enough to identify it when it was nicked it had a cheapo On One seat tube with a old, long nose Sella Italia saddle and a huge mid blue Hamax kids bike seat.

If there is any way of this being recovered that would be great because I doubt its covered by insurance. Cheers Paul

MrOvershoot

Nooooo, Paul they took your Plastic bike 🙁

Seeing as you run your brakes Euro style perhaps one of the robbing little gits will grab a handfull of of what they think is the back brake and faceplant,

pb2

Forgot to mention XTR pedals and FSA carbon cranks !

pb2

The frame number is GK4B820 cycle. This is displayed on an aluminium tag riveted to the underside of the bottom bracket area

z1ppy

That’s kind of a bit rubbish way of attaching the frame number, as sureley it will be easily removed. Might be ok for warrentee work but in case like this, where positive identification is required if it’s found…

Condolences though, crap situation having you bike robbed.

TheFlyingOx

Register the details on http://www.immobilise.com, even though it’s already stolen.

It links to the NMPR so it’ll flag up if it’s recovered by the police.

Riksbar

Keep checking eBay, Gumtree etc as mine took 4 weeks to appear.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Robbing little scrotes’ is closed to new replies.