Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • Robbery at knife point on Trans pennine trail Rother Valley Country Park
  • markcurtains
    Free Member

good news for the OP

MarkN
    Free Member

Good news all round for all of us I reckon. The fact that they have some perps in the frame for this is good. The bike may have been recovered or they will hopefully following the path to recover it.

Lets see how the story pans out and then what the justice system does. So far so good.

enfht
    Free Member

Being charged with any violent crime should rule out bail imo.

Fingers and toes crossed that they get a sentence that fits the crime.

teamslug
    Free Member

They should lay them down on the trail and let us all try to bunny hop over them…

whatgoesup

I’ll buy a pair of these to lend out to all who’d like a go at teamslug’s game

<edit – didn’t realise that the laydee would copy over as well, was intending just the “community service enhancement device”>

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Is that a real advert? It’s a bit, erm, tragic.

boltonjon

Glad to hear that the police have found the possible culprits and lets hope that an aggravated robbery charge is pressed

Here’s hoping that a proper sentence accompanies the charge

Any news on the bike recovery?

14gg

Further update for all those wondering. No charges have yet been brought against these three, they are on bail pending ‘further enquiries’. As yet I remain bike less, but chomping at the bit to get out again as soon as the replacement arrives. The ins company are being fine about it but surprised to find out I have to pay for a new one then claim it back! Credit card will have to take another hit then…. Thanks for all the support.

philfive
    Free Member

Take it they have sold yours on?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Having found out on a few occasions what peroxide feels like in the eyes from a few silly moments involving contact lens fitting.. I would buy a wee garden sprayer with bike wash scribbled on the side and fill it up.

Just carry it in the side pouch of a camelbak and be more than happy to give them the bike but insisting you clean off the dog muck on the tires before stealing it. Then maybe grin and ask if they want a wee scrub too.. squirting one of them in the eyes,followed by the others. Just make sure the nozzle is always set on full pelt and not on a lame mist.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Sounds great martinxyz, but you’ll get done for assault in this crazy world.

singletrackmind

I still think the penalty of drastic penis shortening should be introduced.

boltonjon

How would you get done for assault though? As if the 3 scrotum’s would approach the Police and complain “that some dude on an Orange 5 just sprayed peroxide in our eyes whilst trying to hijack his bike”

samuri
    Free Member

I still think the penalty of drastic penis shortening should be introduced.

I’d like to see them try and make my penis much shorter.

nickhart
    Free Member

I think although this thread is terrible because of its original post and the gravity of the situation, scum think it’s ok to take stuff from hard working folk. The thread shows compassion for our fellow man and like 14gg says it like riding with a club. Although that is true there is something that’s been missed by the stw massif. 14gg is 53! So says the police report. I hope when I’m 53 I’m still riding a bike let alone a nice new bouncy bike!
    Come on the legal system………….if that fails I have some rusty bolt shears for the shortening ceremony.

ononeorange

I am pleasantly astonished that the police even took it remotely seriously. That wasn’t my experience.

Good luck OP. I hope you’re soon back on a bike.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I’m not about to start getting tooled up to go riding, just in case someone tries to rob me.

Defeats the object a bit doesn’t it?

ampthill

1. Glad the Police take it seriously
    2. I hope that proper action is taken against the offenders
    3. i hope you get back out on your bike
    4. To the spray them with peroxide idea. For a moment ignore morality. Most of us can’t afford to take the law into our own hands. A fine for assault would end my career. You may think that its obviuos that you were defending your property but in this case there’d be 4 witness, 3 would claim you were in the wrong….

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘Robbery at knife point on Trans pennine trail Rother Valley Country Park’ is closed to new replies.