Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Rob Colliver needs your help please
  • edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Edenvalleyboy remembers that thread. No one quite knew who was laughing at who. Brilliant thread.

Good luck with your ride OP.

robcolliver
    Free Member

Thanks again. Rob Colliver bows to your superior wit and knowledge and has made note on his blog.

If you are thinking of following this race, check out The Adventures of Rob Colliver, there will be a link to the Trackleaders site where my satelite tracker is hosted.

There is still no website for this race – it proves Google does not know everything!

senorj

Senor j is not supposed to be laughing today & wishes rob coliver all the best. 🙂

submarined
    Free Member

Submarined appreciates the irony that he can’t help more with waterproofing advice.

Bregante

I just need to learn about SIM cards that let your telephone work in the USA and the tech side of the race is wrapped up.

Bregante’s lovely wife used this on her trip to the US last year and it worked perfectly.
    http://www.telaway.co.uk/american-usa-prepaid-sim-card/homepage.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjwxPbHBRCdxJLF3qen3dYBEiQAMRyxSxv-H8U_FTFRKVxXvFLPXoR-E2Bexkcb-vrFwToOnZMaAlC48P8HAQ

burt
    Free Member

Burt lives near the South Downs and is just a little bit in Awe of Rob cauliflower.

johnnystorm

Johnnystorm thinks that if he were going to do an epic ride he’d do it with a newish Samsung s7 as it’ll be waterproof, take amazing photos and be less flaky than a clapped out old Nexus 4.

He’d also get a month by month contract with 3 in the UK as it’ll have free roaming and data in many overseas countries and he could be sure it works before he left.

robcolliver
    Free Member

I’ve never owned a mobile phone before and this is one I’ve borrowed…. it needed to be mini or micro usb (not sure which is which) to match the charging cable for the Link+ head torch. It needed to be unlocked and have a good camera memory. I’m sure there are other things that folk use phones for, but this one will only be used to learn if there are route changes during the event and to take pics.
    No Facebook, twitter, instergram etc. Rob Colliver is planning to ride Rob Collivers bike and thats all. Distractions not needed.
    If anybody has a small, new, waterproof phone that they want to send on a free holiday for 38 days, please make contact!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Rob Colliver needs your help please’ is closed to new replies.