Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roadtrip, Dorset to Aberdeenshire. where to….
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

ride on the way?

after the departure of 2nd grandparent most of family are heading to fraserburgh in September to scatter ashes of said grandparents so as i’ll be there too (and driving up from south coast) i may as well make a road trip out of it.

soooooo

what are the standout, not-to-be-missed-even-if-you’re-riding-solo riding destinations between Bournemouth and Fraserburgh?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

you’ll be passing, the Lakes and Glentress, those would be my two definites…

Cannock is close to the motorway, not sure I’d class it as not-to-be-missed though?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

i did cannock a few weeks ago and it was fun but would rather ride new stuff as it’s going to be a while before i get that far (relatively) north again.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

A(very) rough plan would be:

Llandegla, lake district, kirroughtree, Ae, Glentress

any other sugestions?

davetrave
    Free Member

Seeing as you’re travelling that far anyway, then maybe consider going up the A9 from Perth rather than round the coast via Aberdeen – Laggan, Aviemore, Moray Monsters. Pushing the detour a wee bit more there’s also Golspie, north of Inverness, and it’d be a real shame to miss out riding there for the sake of a bit (relatively speaking) more driving…

If you don’t fancy Golspie, then turn right at Aviemore, through Grantown, onto the A95, cut off the top of the A9/Inverness, and take the scenic route via the Moray Monsters to the Moray coast, then coastal route from Banff to Fraserburgh.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

interesting!

i’ll do some onvestigating and youtubing after tonights ride!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

outline plan so far is…

Llandegla, lee quarry, ullswater, glentress, aviemore

obviously 3 are trail centres so would appreciate sugestions for routes (or links to GPX files 😉 ) if anyone has any….

kcal

Aviemore to NE — round Loch Muick possibly (Ballater) or even the Glenlivet trails should be open by then.

Big country trip such as Braemar into Cairngorms, or even just a pootle into Balmoral, lovely quiet countryside spin.

davetrave
    Free Member

Or head out in to the Inshriach Forest and follow your nose for some high quality woodland singletrack, hopefully via The Potting Shed at Inshriach Nursery for coffee and cake…

M1llh0use
    Free Member

ahhhh. the mention of good coffee shops is a proper lure!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roadtrip, Dorset to Aberdeenshire. where to….’ is closed to new replies.