Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Roadrat to Croix der Fer
  • tomaso
    Free Member

I’ve got a Cotic RoadRat for commuting duties at the moment and enjoy everything it has to give with the exception of lots of flex from the rear if you give it some beans – even more so with some shopping in the panniers.

I am thinking of switching to a Genesis Croix de Fer as its of a similar ilk and has drops on which I fancy a bit of as I’ve not had a roadbike for 5 years.

My question is does the Croix de Fer suffer as badly with twist and flex as the Roadrat?

And in the style of the late great Columbo, just one more question… Any other recommendations for a disc braked drop barred bike that has rack and mudguard mounts?

Oh and my price point is a cyclescheme friendly £1,000

Thanks

BadlyWiredDog

Any other recommendations for a disc braked drop barred bike that has rack and mudguard mounts?

Soma Double Cross DC – all skinny steel tubes and disc compatibility. Just bought a frame from Keep Pedalling in Manchester and in the process of building it up as a do it all cross/winter training/back lane cruising sort of bike. No idea whether the rear end will have less flex than a Rat (it’s replacing one, but it’s not an issue for me) but it has conventional cross braces on seat and chainstays unlike the Cotic. Looks lovely too.

Link… to the Soma site.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Roadrat to Croix der Fer’ is closed to new replies.